X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have a job

Hi everyone.

Interviewed at a hotel yesterday and was sent a background check form to fill out and return (which I did). Since that usually doesn't happen unless they're planning on hiring you (and my background check / drug test isn't going to be a problem, my history is boring and I don't even drink socially), I am assuming I got the job, though I am continuing to apply at other places until a firm offer is made.

So...yea?

Also one of my coworkers at my former place of employment knows the manager who interviewed me and say's he's a good guy to work for, so that's good.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Good to hear! I hope your surmise is correct.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I agree the background test isn't done unless they intend to hire you. So congrats!
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Sent the paperwork in on Monday and nothing since. I even sent an email yesterday asking if the Bossman got my paperwork, no response to that. I'm kind of freaking out, though maybe he was waiting to take his vacation until they hired someone or my one "hey did you get it?" email just got buried? We really need this.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Fingers crossed for you.

Sometimes processing background checks takes time, it all depends on how they do it. Hopefully that is the cause of the delay.

Comment

Working...
          X