This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't you leave?

Check out time is the best/right time! But some check outs just won't leave! Why, check outs? Why won't you leave? Whenever I check out someone I think of the lyrics: Get out! Leave! Right Now! It's the End of YOU! LOL But seriously, why won't they leave?
    Had a guy I'll call Thick as a Brick Rick check out a week ago. Instead of leaving and not returning like a good little check out, he chose to stay and break into our closet where we keep the spare cots in and use on of them. When confronted, he claimed that he was visiting his aunt, of whom we couldn't verify. He was thrown out again. The next day after that, he returned and started chowing down our breakfast and stealing our snacks from our shop. He was thrown out. The next day, he returned, was confronted, and claimed that he was visiting his sister, again, we couldn't verify. Thrown out again. Finally the day after that, he claimed that he left something and was going to get it, and when the security guard was just about to throw him out again, he hurriedly said that he wanted to check some rates. Ok. I told him the rates. Then he asked if it was ok if he and 10 of his friends would throw a party in the rooms. Ok, Rick. Ok, Buh bye. Finally left.
    We had a lot of people who just wouldn't leave before, had to call the police, but they got the hint and didn't return. The only thing I can fathom form Rick's behavior was that he was young (teen). But I didn't behave that way when I was a teen. The weirdest part though, was that he would chat with us and the other customers! Usually weirdos like him sneak upstairs and don't talk to anyone, try to make themselves obscure. Not Rick though. I guess we should've called police but oh well. He's gone now so alls well.

Bonus unrelated story: Had a lady whose first name on her reservation was Maryj. Weird name but I've seen weirder trust me. Figured it was one of those names in a land far far away. Anyway, so I was printing up her reg card for her to sign and she took one look at it and flipped out! Apparently, her name wasn't Maryj, it was Mary J! Whoops! She declared that we were idiots for not getting her name right, and demanded her reservation to be cancelled because she didn't want to stay in a hotel of idiots. Truth is, she's the idiot for not typing her name right on the reservation! And her reservation showed that she had booked it, not us. Her room was quickly snapped up.

(names have been changed to protect the dumb)
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
    Whenever I check out someone I think of the lyrics: Get out! Leave! Right Now! It's the End of YOU! LOL
    Sounds he was more of a Eagles fan,

"you can check out anytime but never leave"

(ok It may not be exactly right)
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Sounds like they need more Gloria Gaynor: go on, now go! Walk out the door.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Nancy Sinatra "boots are made for walking"
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Hit the road, Jack, and don't ya come back no more no more no more no more...

Comment

Mah hammered alley is really cashews clay...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm shocked Thick as a Brick Rick didn't end up with a free room at the local jail...

Her room was quickly snapped up.
              One hopes she couldn't get another room elsewhere. It would be fun to see her slink back and sheepishly ask for her room only to be told you were sold out!

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                Sounds he was more of a Eagles fan,

"you can check out anytime but never leave"

(ok It may not be exactly right)

it goes like this:

You can check out anytime you like
                But you can never leave

Hotel California, BTW. One of my fave songs.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

On a dark desert highway,
                  Cool wind in my hair,
                  Warm smell of colitas,
                  Whatever the fuck those a-a-aaaare...

That's how it goes, right?
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Here if they aren't by a few hours past checkout, they get charged for another day no matter when they decide to get their rears in gear and leave. EDIT after reading. I wonder if that guy had some kind of disorder that interferes with understanding social expectations. Sounds like it.
                    Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 12-22-2016, 09:59 PM.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Bob Rivers- We Wish You Weren't Living With Us

https://youtu.be/HAt2rx5Te9o?list=PL...3IvMNfoTDbrqKp
                        AkaiKitsune

Comment

Bonus unrelated story: Had a lady whose first name on her reservation was Maryj. Weird name but I've seen weirder trust me.

Apparently, her name wasn't Maryj, it was Mary J! Whoops! She declared that we were idiots for not getting her name right, and demanded her reservation to be cancelled because she didn't want to stay in a hotel of idiots. Truth is, she's the idiot for not typing her name right on the reservation! And her reservation showed that she had booked it, not us. Her room was quickly snapped up.
                          Sounds like Mary J truly is a dope. Did you put the person who snapped up the now-available space in room 420?

Quoth EricKei View Post
                          On a dark desert highway,
                          Cool wind in my hair,
                          Warm smell of colitas,
                          Whatever the fuck those a-a-aaaare...
                          From the Spanish, it means "little buds" ("ito" and "ita" are diminutive suffixes for masculine and feminine nouns respectively). A reference to C. Sativa (and I don't mean the chestnut ).

Ever heard the expression "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse"? Would that person go for a burro instead of a burrito? Also, did Lindsay Lohan go out for a few margaras?
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X