This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trades grumps

Had a young man come in today wanting to return his legacy pro version of CoD IW. He explained that he was doing this due to them releasing a dlc gun that did "one hit kills". He was upset due to the fact that we only offered 20$ in store credit and 16$ cash, because he paid 120$ for the game. What went down in my head as he was storming out.
    1. CoD IW LP actually breaks down like this- 60$ Main game, 20$ remastered version of CoD4 download only, needs IW to run. 50$ Season pass, also DLC.
    2. So effectively you're just selling us a 60$ at price point game which you didn't even pretend was new, you told me you've used both single use codes.
    3. Said game is on sale for 40$, so we're offering nearly 50% for the game, which for GameStore is pretty high, amd honestly one of our deals.

You have every right to be upset that they screwed over your game, but please don't take it out on the corporate drones. Your frustration at not getting 100% of your money back because you didn't like one aspect of said game amd aren't going to wait for the inevitable nerf isn't our fault.

He was far from our worst customer, just... rgh. Something about him frustrated the heck out of me
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

I always treat buying videogames like gambling...consider the money gone and unrecoverable the moment you buy it. If the disc is defective, most places will let you swap it back out, but if the game ends up sucking...that's the risk you took with the purchase. (No Man's Sky, amirite?

Comment

Yeah, quite a lot of entertainment is a gamble. I bought Skyrim Elder Scrolls V, and couldn't get used to the combat (or just didn't like it), but that's the chance I took with buying it. I'm not very picky about my games, so this was an odd occurrence for me, and not the end of the world.

The other day a woman was pissed because she had a return without reciept, and wasn't getting back very much money. She said "it's stupid how little I get, I just bought it the other day!" And in my head I was shouting, "I think it's stupid that you get even one penny without proof of purchase!"
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Ohhh so many flashbacks...

You're right though. A single use code is EXACTLY THAT. It's no good to a second user. The basic game disc is usually EXACTLY the same whether it's in Special Edition or Standard packaging and that's really the only component the store accepts.

I remember back some years ago when Guitar Hero World Tour/Rock Band were all the rage. We accepted the guitars, microphone and games for trade in and we didn't give much for them. We did NOT take those big plastic drum kits. A LOT of people got upset over that.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
        X