X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So cuff me I won't pay.

OK old man

So thanks to my service writer we ended up with this twatwaffle.
    Old man comes int LA-Dee-Dodge. Says someone smashed his mirrors off, (now I see why)
    Says insurance will pay for it. We quote him OEM, nawwww to high
    Dude look where you are. So I look aftermarket and find a set from Not All Parts Available. For about 1/2 out price and take a few days to special order them.
    yea yea do that...
    *brief musical interlude*
    3 hours later he comes back...insurance won't pay just wanted an estimate.
    Dude your fucking how old and you don't know how this works, any of this?
    So canx the order and give me my money back.
    Ok BUT you placed a special order and there a restocking fee. (it's in bold print on the sheet) Special parts are non returnable to OEM. We order it we have to keep it. Not all parts aval so we offer to only change 10% verse the 30% on the terms.
    No No I'm old man, you not that lock me up them I not pay.
    Funny we already have your money you do know your haggling over what you will get back?
    So before I can process any return he on the phone with the bank disputing the charge. OK but make sure you ask them what they do if you fraudulently dispute charges. you did agree to the terms of the sale, we tried to make good now your refusing to pay at all .
    but you but you...
    Ok well..you took it out of my hands,
    We will fight this and yea there will be a 30% return fee IAW the legal not on the sheet.
    Real pisser it the writer should of *waved off the sale off. You get those flaky customers you know are just going to pull this crap, just wave them off. He even said this guy was squirrely.
    *navy term for an missed approach to land on the carrier, if it's looking bad they hit the "wave off" lights letting the pilot know to go around and try again.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Many years ago I was a receptionist in a medical clinic in a military hospital. During my tenure at this clinic, the hospital started seeing veterans as well as active duty and retired military personnel. One fine day a veteran and his wife came to get an appointment with our clinic to have a special kind of elastic sleeve fitted. Now, these sleeves were very popular, so we suddenly started getting people from all over who needed them. However, the money for these sleeves came out of our department's budget, so the edict was passed down that the only people who got them at no charge were active duty military and those who were referred by doctors at our hospital, and everyone else had to pay for them. I explained to the veteran, who had a prescription for a sleeve, that if he got a prescription from one of the doctors at our hospital there would be no charge, but he'd have to pay for the sleeve if he didn't. He said he understood, and since he had an appointment with one of our doctors later in the day he'd ask for a prescription. He then thanked me for telling him. All very polite.

The veteran's wife, on the other hand, started declaring, "Pay for it? He ain't payin' for nothin'! This country owes him!" I tried to explain how he could get a sleeve at no charge, but she wasn't having it and kept declaring that "he ain't payin' for nothin'!" Finally, after a couple of minutes of this tirade the veteran ushered his wife out of our clinic. I'd given him an appointment for the end of the same day, after his appointment with the other doctor, and when he came in he had a prescription from that doctor for the sleeve. His wife was still complaining about how the country owed the veteran and how terrible it was that we were wanting him to pay for medical equipment, and other things. I'd given him an appointment with my boss, and my boss later told me that she complained the whole time about having to pay for a sleeve even though they didn't have to.

Comment

That brings up a whole other suck. I did my 20 years, I did it for my reasons, but getting 10% off at orange apron or meal at the brass trough was not part of them. The ones who bitch the loudest did the least service. Or forgot why they were in.
      AkaiKitsune
      Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
        That brings up a whole other suck. I did my 20 years, I did it for my reasons, but getting 10% off at orange apron or meal at the brass trough was not part of them. The ones who bitch the loudest did the least service. Or forgot why they were in.
        OFT - the guys who lost a leg, you have to practically force them to lose the other before they'll take a free cup of coffee

The guys who washed out on a medical discharge after basic and before deployment want everything free.

And that's all I'll say lest I fratch, which isn't good for you.
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
        X