This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockwave hell

OK, WHERE is this piece of shit located on my computer?

First, everywhere I look online seems to indicate this comes with Google Chrome. I am not using Chrome!

I can't seem to find where this stupid thing is and I want it OFF as it causes way more problems than it could possibly be worth. I'm not even sure why I have it, unless it came with Google Drive, which I also want to remove but I had to cancel as it was taking for-ev-er.

Any thoughts?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

I found this- http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/05/w...obe-shockwave/ that has a link to Adobe's Shockwave uninstaller (it's down near the end of the article). There also may be some useful info in the comments under the article if the article itself doesn't help.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I believe its commonly installed in your browser with Flash, so whatever browser you're looking for, check your extensions, it should be listed there.

I might be able to give better directions knowing your OS, browser, and when its rearing its ugly head.
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

THANK YOU!

I can now bring my favorite websites up without them constantly locking up and throwing "Shockwave Flash may be busy blah blah blah" in my face.

What a piece of crap.

I'm shopping for a new computer anyway but in the meantime this was just driving me nuts.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X