Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Worker: Still Amazing, No Longer Unemployed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    Does this mean the stereotype is based on fact?
    No, more on the fact that there are a lot of adolescent boys out there who are, in their words, "practicing" for when they get girlfriends.

This is something to find out about, since my understanding is that it would involve driving ON THE JOB (rather than just a long commute). Do they provide the vehicle for this, or would you be expected to use your own car? If you're expected to use your own car, do you get reimbursement for mileage? You'd also need to get a different (read: more expensive) class of insurance that covers the use of your car on the job. There are a number of pizza drivers on here - they'd know more about the details than I do.
    Let's take the questions one by one.

Do they provide the vehicle? Yes and no. There are county cars, but only a few, and they go to whoever needs them most. If that's not me and I have a visit an hour away, too bad for me. And that answers another question -- Yes, I would have to use my own.

Do I get reimbursement for mileage? Yes.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

So there is a chance you will need to use your own vehicle on the job. Check with your insurance company what change in coverage is needed.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Yay on the job!

Comment

Working...
        X