This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Monday-est Tuesday ever

Today was just...odd. I knew it was going to be rough when I used my turn signal instead of the wipers. I was just coming off two days off so my sleep patterns were already messed up. Then I get into to work to find some half-assed in the photo lab. Took me an hour and a half to get that straightened out. When I have stuff that other people need to know about I try to leave as detailed of a note I can and let people know.

My store manager noticed me flailing my arms and asked me what's wrong. So I filled her in with more appropriate words than I was using. Ended up taking an extra long lunch. And nobody noticed. Or at least didn't say anything to me.

And then to end my day I volunteered myself to take over a part of some new thing going on at work even though I don't quite understand it. But the manager seemed happy that I did. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

And this is my first of six days in a row. This is going to be fun. I'm gonna take a nap now.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Um. I think you'd better slow down before you wind up getting taken away in a rubber truck...

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
      Um. I think you'd better slow down before you wind up getting taken away in a rubber truck...
      Seriously, though--sleep deprivation is like being drunk. So I worked drunk yesterday (3 hours of sleep). I also took what's basically lab-created opium, which makes me tired. I was a mess, couldn't count money...and I was handling money.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I don't know if it's so many days of hot and humid or what but this week has just been off. At least I know it's not just me. I'm halfway through my week but the worst of it will be tomorrow since I have a turn around and work at night then the next morning. A nap will be my best friend on Saturday.

Tonight was so busy. We even had two managers and still everything didn't get done. Not sure what the store manager expected. Though I think there's only one huge thing left to do so it probably wasn't as bad as I think.

I'm ready for the humidity to go away. Not really ready for fall though.

Comment

For me it's been pain. It keeps me from falling asleep. After I'm asleep it wakes me up. Doing traction right now and it's only helping a little. *sigh* I don't know how I'm going to make it to training by 7:45 am for 5 weeks running.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Trixie,

Are you doing the Beauty 2000 conversion or the photo NextGen conversion?? I just went through the photo conversion and it wasn't pretty. However, I am very happy with the new system once we got the kinks worked out. Now if I could just get people to LISTEN to me when I am trying to show them how it works.

Sympathy on 6 days in a row. I did 9 in a row last week and am still recovering. But hey! We get to wear the spiffy new grey "flu shots" shirts starting next week :/

Comment

We get the new photo machines next month, well in October. We have some new people starting soon so the training will be fun for them. Pay attention to what I say now but forget it in a few weeks. Hopefully they'll give us some more information on it soon. I know my manager gets antsy when she doesn't know stuff. In fact management didn't even know until I came across it.

Not sure we're doing anything in Beauty but my store was one of the few in my district to keep our Beauty Advisors (such as they are). But my store is taking part in the "big movement". Not sure how much I can actually say about it. Right now all there has been in meetings and nobody seems to really understand it. So that's fun.

We've been shorthanded for about the last month with vacations, people heading back to school and what not. Hopefully whatever new people we get work out because we've had some duds.

Didn't get flu t-shirts yet but can't wait to wear them. I hate our new uniform shirts though so far this year's batch seems to be holding up better than last years.

Just finished my 6th day today and get two off. I think the manager knows better than to give me 9 in a row. I get to do it again next week but to have two days off in a row again it's worth it.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                We get the new photo machines next month, well in October. We have some new people starting soon so the training will be fun for them. Pay attention to what I say now but forget it in a few weeks. Hopefully they'll give us some more information on it soon. I know my manager gets antsy when she doesn't know stuff. In fact management didn't even know until I came across it.

Not sure we're doing anything in Beauty but my store was one of the few in my district to keep our Beauty Advisors (such as they are). But my store is taking part in the "big movement". Not sure how much I can actually say about it. Right now all there has been in meetings and nobody seems to really understand it. So that's fun.

We've been shorthanded for about the last month with vacations, people heading back to school and what not. Hopefully whatever new people we get work out because we've had some duds.

Didn't get flu t-shirts yet but can't wait to wear them. I hate our new uniform shirts though so far this year's batch seems to be holding up better than last years.

Just finished my 6th day today and get two off. I think the manager knows better than to give me 9 in a row. I get to do it again next week but to have two days off in a row again it's worth it.
                Good luck on your conversion. In the meantime, if you need ink cartridges for the Fuji, I have a BUNCH!

The flu t-shirts are worse than the new uniform shirts. Grey and red .... fits right in with our blue color scheme doesn't it?? Maybe they were castoffs from CVS??

I don't normally get scheduled 9 days in a row. But the other shift lead's daughter went into labor 7 weeks early, so of course she had to be there! All is well with the little one, thank goodness! But I could hardly complain, could I? It was rough though

Comment

We have plenty of ink for all our machines since the girl who trained me in the way of photo was an over-orderer. I took on the ordering and still do it even though they took my job away (nope not bitter about that at all ) And I'm the only one I trust to do it. I've cut back a lot but we still have bunches. Our DM said there's going to be a push to only keep what you need on hand. Because it's so expensive!

Guess it shouldn't surprise me that the t-shirts are different colors. The teal of all the photo stuff goes great with the light blue of the shirts. At least we don't have to pay for the privilege of wearing them.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                    We have plenty of ink for all our machines since the girl who trained me in the way of photo was an over-orderer. I took on the ordering and still do it even though they took my job away (nope not bitter about that at all ) And I'm the only one I trust to do it. I've cut back a lot but we still have bunches. Our DM said there's going to be a push to only keep what you need on hand. Because it's so expensive!

Guess it shouldn't surprise me that the t-shirts are different colors. The teal of all the photo stuff goes great with the light blue of the shirts. At least we don't have to pay for the privilege of wearing them.
                    I'm right with ya on "not bitter" about losing my position

What kills me about the ordering is that not TWO weeks before we were informed that we were converting to NextGen, my boss is all "order up cause Christmas is coming!" Now maybe he knew or maybe he didn't, but shouldn't we be able to get rid of this crap that we can no longer use?????

Comment

Well, my store manager didn't know about it until I found it. But it's not like photo is a major focus like cosmetics is. Photo actually has stuff to show for their hours of work and not the luck of finding customers to ring up. Again so not bitter about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X