This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
    Customer came in a few days before Halloween and asked for pumpkin pies, I told him that we're out until further notice. He didn't like the explanation that they were on recall, threw a fit over it, and told me that I'd ruined his Thanksgiving and that he hoped that I was happy.
    If he's really buying the pies four weeks in advance, he's going to ruin Thanksgiving for everyone he serves them to!
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      If he's really buying the pies four weeks in advance, he's going to ruin Thanksgiving for everyone he serves them to!
      No kidding, those don't freeze well.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

If he wanted pumpkin pies that badly, maybe he could buy them from a bakery, or read in a cookbook how to bake them. Now, in our family we like sweet potato pie. We don't find them that often, but if I don't find one by Thanksgiving we eat pumpkin and enjoy it. If we couldn't get pumpkin we'd eat something else, like apple or cherry. Really, if this guy's only problem is that he can't get pumpkin pies from Android Kaeli's store, he's in good shape!

Comment

Yea, I know right? It's not like there's no apple pies available anyways.
          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
            I remember back in the mists of time someone posted a story about an SC screaming "Ruined Xmas" (11+ months away at that) in early January/late December during the after Xmas/New Year clearance sale rush.

Now if someone can find that post I believe that would be the ultimate record holder.
            I believe that might have been me. December 27 or 28 a woman wanting Christmas table decorations that we had sold out of at least the week before Christmas. Yes I had ruined her Christmas with 360+ days to spare.

Comment

I want a thread about ruined Thanksgivings, too.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                How about a ruined holiday thread? Whatever holiday that was ruined could go in there.
                "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
                  How about a ruined holiday thread? Whatever holiday that was ruined could go in there.
                  It would be epic because, you know, 'tis the season.
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

When you think about it, I'm sure that EVERY holiday has been "spoiled" at some point by some uncaring waitperson...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                      When you think about it, I'm sure that EVERY holiday has been "spoiled" at some point by some uncaring waitperson...
                      Arbor Day?
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Arbor Day?
                        *Especially* Arbor Day.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I hope you're happy Bart! You've ruined Thanksgiving!

Comment

Way back in the day, I was a janitor at the Pearl Harbor Memorial. I picked up trash, dumped trash cans and cleaned the restrooms. I didn't even have the authority to order toilet paper for crying out loud.

The Visitor Center was open from 8 to 8, but the boat trips out to the actual Memorial stopped leaving the center an hour before dusk. This meant that there were only a limited amount of tickets available every day and they couldn't be reserved. The tour operators knew how it worked and would usually send someone over first thing in the morning to pick up enough tickets for their tour groups. Individual groups of visitors were usually able to get tickets as well unless they came late in the day.

Once in a while, a tour operator would forget to pick up the tickets and a bus full of people would show up late in the day and to be told that there were no tickets left for that day.

What would be the logical thing to do in that situation?

1: Complain to the tour guide because his company should have been on top of it?
                            2: Complain to one of the Forest Rangers behind the desk?
                            3: Stomp up to someone innocently dumping a trash can and tell her that SHE has ruined their entire vacation?

It honestly amazed me how many people picked door number 3.

Comment

Arbor Day?
                              Yeah, that would be me. The story isn't that interesting, but involves:
                              1) a much younger me
                              2) A lawn mowing job at a scout camp
                              3) A Cub Scout Arbor-day tree planting ceremony
                              4) saplings that look just like a certain fast-growing weed at that camp

What can I say? I was a precocious holiday destroyer.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I have seen Arbor Day ruined by a store running out of "free trees". I mean, they were really just tiny pine twigs in a paper cup full of soil. But there was a constant stream of people wanting them, lots of people screaming about getting something 3" tall when we advertised trees, and lots more people screaming because we ran out of the 3" tall things.
                                It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
                                X