X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth eltf177 View Post
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ead.php?t=8982

An excellent thread by Antisocial_Worker on why many hotels WON'T rent to locals...
    Is it different if the local has a legitimate reason, e.g. it's raining and a tree fell on their house, they pay with a CC and show ID and are polite?

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
      Is it different if the local has a legitimate reason, e.g. it's raining and a tree fell on their house, they pay with a CC and show ID and are polite?
      I would think so. If the local has a legitimate reason (water/sewer broken, gas leak and crew will be running jackhammers all night, etc) and is nice and polite including putting up any requested security I wouldn't see why not...

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
        I figure the "work my way through the gatekeepers" method of cold sales-calling must be effective, or so many scammers wouldn't do it, but I cannot, for they life of me, figure out why.
        They do it because in many cases it works. I don't know about other places, but where I work, I get stuck answering the phone. Yes, it sucks balls. Most of the time, I can get rid of scammers. Other places, the person answering the phone either doesn't care, or is too busy to deal with it. As long as one of those crap calls gets through, that's all the scammer cares about; if it doesn't, they simply try again with someone else. Much like the assholes who flood the 'net with spam.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X