Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kroger customer expected me to fix her discount problem regarding wine bottles

At the Kroger I work at you get 10% of their wine bottles when you buy between 6 and 11 bottles of wine with your Kroger card, and 20% off when you buy 12 or more bottles.

Yesterday I was assigned to one of their express lanes.

A customer came to my line with 8 bottles of wine as well as other groceries. I scanned her Kroger card and rang up her groceries. When she got her receipt, she slapped it on the counter and told me in a tone of voice that conveys *you are going to fix this problem right here* "I did not get my 20% off the wine bottles, and I am supposed to get that since I gave you my Kroger card".

So I paged the wine dept. for customer assistance at the register I was assigned to.

The self-checkout employee came to my line and asked me if I needed help. I asked him if customers are supposed to get 20% off wine when they buy 12 bottles or less than 12 bottles. He told me the same information I already knew.

But that did not satisfy the customer. She told him that there is no sign at the wine department stating this. He repeated himself. Then she said "so we are going to fix this right here." He told her she has to go to Guest Care to get it fixed along with 4 more bottles of wine since he asked me how many she bought. She then repeated that there is no sign stating you have to buy 12 bottles of wine and "so we are going to fix this right here."

A line was forming at the register I was assigned to.

Someone from the wine dept. came to my line, and the 2 of them spoke to her.
    She just kept of repeating the same thing over and over about no sign stating you must get 12 bottles of wine and fixing the problem at my register.

The wine dept. employee told her that information is stated on the sign as well as the fact that she does have to go to Guest Services. While he was saying this, the self-check-out employee loaded her bags, including the wine, into her cart. He apologized for the inconvenience. The wine dept. employee told her he would get 4 more bottles of wine for her.

She left. Whether or not she went to Guest Care, I do not know.

Thankfully the customers behind her were not that upset.

I always hate when customers say "WE" are going to fix a problem. Usually it just means they're wrong and demand the rules to bend to their will.

I get this all the time at work. You need a card to get any sales prices (except alcohol) and it's stated on the signs. All. Of. Them. And that's the first question we ask when a customer questions a price. Most of the time they'll reply "It wasn't on the sign." Yes, yes it was. At that point they'll either produce a card or act like we're asking for their great-grandmother's dog's maiden name. There is no in between.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
      ... *you are going to fix this problem right here*...
      "I'm sorry, Ma'am, we're not allowed to spay b*****s here."
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Another SC not reading signs on the displays.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
            I always hate when customers say "WE" are going to fix a problem. Usually it just means they're wrong and demand the rules to bend to their will.

I get this all the time at work. You need a card to get any sales prices (except alcohol) and it's stated on the signs. All. Of. Them. And that's the first question we ask when a customer questions a price. Most of the time they'll reply "It wasn't on the sign." Yes, yes it was. At that point they'll either produce a card or act like we're asking for their great-grandmother's dog's maiden name. There is no in between.
            Why would people NOT want to use the cards? That's how I get cheap gas!
            The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Working...
            X