This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust me, it will work

Had a guy come up and buy a gift card. I ring it up, ask for an amount, get a reply, finish transaction. As I hand over the receipt, guy asks if it's activated. Common question. I reply it is. Off he goes into the cold night.

Five minutes later, guy returns "Are you sure it's activated? I didn't see you scan it." You handed over $40, I gave you a receipt. Many of the newer gift cards all we do is scan it, no more swiping it. Maybe I should just swipe everything to humor the customers.

It's no wonder I come home from work with a headache most days.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

If he was really worried the card wouldn't work, that's what the receipt is for. Hang on to that! I was once gifted a non-activated card. When I called my parents about it, they were able to take care of the issue no problem because they saved their receipt.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

When I give a gift card, I included the receipt for just this problem.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Not too long ago, a lady was trying to use a gift card that was declined for some reason (wasn't acivated properly? Just a bad card? It happens), and felt bad for her because the card was a gift, and we can't process returns/refunds for gift cards without a receipt. Even if you're giving a card as a gift, include the receipt. Especially since a lot of people will just sit on a gift card for months until they actually use it, and who wants to have a card decline after all that time?

Comment

yeah. include the receipt. it's not like they don't know how much was just spent on them...

Comment

Working...
          X