This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the sh*t just hit the fan

I thought I had an apartment ... but I don't. And I can't get an extension on the moving date. So I have basically about two weeks to get all my stuff out of here ... with no help, other than paid movers to take the big stuff out (and into a SECOND storage unit) ... and get myself and the cats out.

I have a three-day weekend coming up so will be able to get a lot done then -- hopefully 95% of what I want to keep -- but must hire movers before then and arrange for that extra storage unit.

I also have some apartment viewings coming up but most are not immediately available, so I will have to make some short-term emergency contingency plans -- that is, they will be short-term IF I manage to get an apartment.

I also need to find somewhere to possibly board my cats for a while. Two people are offering me their spare rooms, but one lives in a "no pets" building and the other has a cat of her own, who has not proven amenable to guest kitties in the past.

If you are a praying person, please offer up some prayers for me. If not, please just think good thoughts for me, or wish me luck, or something. The next little while is going to be very rough. I did not ever think my life would be this fucked up at the age of 62.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

That sucks. I'm so sorry. Do you have any friends who can come help you pack up at least? Could you keep your cats confined to one room if you have to stay with your friend and their cat?
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

No, I've been here 7 years but have not managed to make any friends. I did have one person who was helping me but she has returned to school fulltime and is very busy herself.

The cats will be quarantined in one room, but the issue will just be if her cat becomes upset at the intrusion of other cats, and of course he can smell them, if nothing else. He's apparently done that before and expressed his displeasure by peeing all over the place.
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Got no way to help, but I'll keep a candle lit. Oh, and here's a if you want it.

Comment

If we were anything like reasonably close, I'd offer to board the cats for you. Our two cats and the dog are pretty friendly, so yours wouldn't have to stay cooped up in just one room. We're not even in the same country, though.

I wish there was something I could do, other than just sending good thoughts your way.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Thank you for the hugs and good wishes, guys. I know you would help if it were at all possible. If I disappear for some time, it's because I've gone to stay with the woman with the kitty ... and she doesn't have WiFi. I'm not even sure she has a computer.

I've got some viewings coming up. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I wouldn't even care if I couldn't move in until April (one or two aren't available until then ) ... I would just be relieved to know I've GOT a place.

And now I have to go strangle a cat because he's eating my unflavoured yogurt ...

One of my brother's pointed questions was "Are the cats a problem?" Sometimes I swear he's hoping to find a reason to insist that I get rid of them. Luckily My Hometown has lots of pet-friendly places (they have non-pet-friendly places as well, which reportedly is completely against the law in this province, but ...)
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Your province is one of the few where it is against the law to not allow pets, but that doesn't stop landlords anyway. However, if you did move in without disclosing that you have cats they wouldn't be able to evict you - you could speak to whatever governmental department that deals with landlord & tenancy stuff to ensure you wouldn't get evicted for having cats. IANAL but I've done some research into various tenancy laws.

If we lived in the same province I'd happily help you out, but I live too far away. I do have family in your province and if they weren't beyond horrible I'd see what I could do there for you. In the meantime I'll send all sorts of good thoughts and wishes your way in the hopes that you get something really soon!

Comment

Thank you, KuariKaydrith. Tell you the truth, at this point I'd be happy to have whatever help your family could give me ... horrible or not, LOL.

Going out today to see what I can find; I'm going to one place that I've contacted repeatedly, but they virtually never return phone calls or emails. Apparently you are supposed to just show up at the office. I Hope to heaven somebody is AT the office.

Also got a call in for a teeny-tiny bachelor; the wife is the one who handles the viewings and apparently she's out for the morning. Hubby says she'll call me back but I think if I'm out and about around noon, I'll just pop in personally. Would love to get something signed and sealed this week, no matter when I can actually pick up the keys.
                ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Check to see if you can get something called Feliway. They offer it online. I had a cat that peed on things when he didn't get fed on schedule (he had food issues). It comes in different forms, but I used the plug in. You buy a plug in and refills. You just plug it in the wall and leave it. No smell to humans but the pheromone that it emits worked for my cat. They all calmed down and the majority of the peeing stopped.

Comment

Definitely praying for you and wishing we weren't in different countries!
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

crazyofficeclerk: I'll pass that along to her, although AFAIK she has no plans to get a second cat, so ...

FoodLady, thank you.

I actually had a very hopeful day today. Checked out a couple of possibilities; I have a viewing tomorrow but even better, I went into the Mothership site I used to go to as a customer a lot to talk to a young server who had told me about a Facebook group for area Motherships ... and one of the things you can do is post shifts you want to get rid of. Not only that but HE then took 4 or 5 of my shifts for the next two weeks! So I now suddenly have an incredible amount of extra time to get the necessary things done. He is my new hero, LOL.

Also found a vet clinic that boards cats, so I plan to go check them out in the next day or so. Might not need them, but ...
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Aaand today things just got worse.

I found a "Bad Debt Written Off" on my credit report ... from last year. So this is NOT helping me find an apartment, and I don't think there's any way to get it off at this point except time ... which I do not have.

Somebody on the legal team handling Mom's estate said she would advance me $2,000 to help get my stuff out of the house (and most likely into storage). Few days go by, no money. I email back. Oh, there's a "glitch" in the advance. Might not show up now.

So I have two weeks to get out, nowhere to go, and no money to get there.

I do not know what to do anymore.

A friend of mine was going through an awful patch last year and she said the only thing that kept her from suicide was her dogs. I'm about at that point now. And yet my brother would tell me to dump the cats and just find a room.
                        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

*hugs you*

Is there anything I can do?
                          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                          -----
                          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

If I wasn't too many hours, and in a whole another country, further south then you are, I'd tell you to come stay with me -- cats and all. I've got a spare room that isn't being used, I already have kitty litter from when I was catsitting last month, and I'd spoil your cats too much.

Hope everything turns out okay.
                            Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                              Somebody on the legal team handling Mom's estate said she would advance me $2,000 to help get my stuff out of the house (and most likely into storage). Few days go by, no money. I email back. Oh, there's a "glitch" in the advance. Might not show up now.

So I have two weeks to get out, nowhere to go, and no money to get there.

I do not know what to do anymore.
                              "Hello? Legal team? Unless my stuff is moved out of here, I'm not going to leave without it, and you'll have to have me evicted." That ought to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X