This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by nursing?
    Licking and kneading. He was, perhaps, weaned a bit too young, and latched onto me as surrogate mother. It is a bit weird, but also cool that he's that comfortable with me. Depending on where he's doing it, it can either feel ok or hurt A LOT. He's got a rough little tongue. Which is why I try to put my hand in between him and my neck, so he'll nurse on the heel of my hand where it doesn't hurt.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

My cat used to sleep with me but she's getting arthritic and doesn't want to jump anymore. When she did, she'd tuck herself up against me... one night I'm sure I rolled over on her but she just wiggled out from under me.

Comment

While both kitties have been known to get into bed...only one makes a habit of it. Abby loves to cuddle on blankets, and usually spends the entire night in my bedroom. Baxter, on the other hand, only comes in to look out the window. However, if he wants to eat, he makes his displeasure known right nao. I'll feel whiskers on my ears, followed by a *chomp* at which point he gets chased out of the room.

I've been told that I really shouldn't let the 'kids' sleep in my room, due to my allergies. However, if I keep the door shut, I wouldn't get any sleep. Abby would scratch the shit out of the door, and howl the entire night While any petting/cuddling has to be done on her terms, she doesn't like to be separated from her hoomin.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

We don't have pets at the moment. My old roommates both had cats that adopted me, however, so the cats would come visit me and sleep with me rather then their respective owners.

They both tried sleeping on my chest or by my legs, but I move a lot in my sleep. The cats resolved it by sleeping on my pillow, on either side of my head, where they would rest their heads up against my head/forehead, depending on which way I was facing.

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
            "Nursing" in this context is generally a synonym for "kneading". (AKA "making muffins", "making dough", and other things.) Some cats will lick you as they knead you. It's kinda weird...
            That is in fact something they do to stimulate milk from their mother.

Comment

i have a dog. during bed comes next to me and pretends sleeping.....and in the morning while i woke up, he is on the corner of nightstands.

Comment

My two cats usually sleep at the foot of the bed. Chessie, the one who's bonded to me likes to snuggle by my side in the middle of the night. I've learned to turn over in place when I want to change position. She's learned to stay semi-awake so she can move if I don't quite manage the roll-in-place maneuver.

Since any pet thread needs pics, here's a recent picture of my two (Millie on the left, Chessie on the right):
                Attached Files
                Last edited by XCashier; 03-03-2018, 12:36 PM.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                X