This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK peeps check in!

I hear you're getting hit by major snow across the UK. Please let us know you're okay?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Norfolk coast here. Safe indoors, but can't get out of my road. Frustrated but nothing to be done.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Home safe.feet of snow but all well and warm. Friends little lad is in the hospital and needs antibiotics so desperate trying to get some.
      At least this storm has a decent name... welcome 'Emma,the Beast from the East'...
      Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 03-02-2018, 09:50 AM.
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Not the UK but it's snowing here, too.
        Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Also Norfolk coast, but I was crazy enough to risk the drive to and from work each day. Unfortunately my boiler seems to be crapping out on me, so my heating at home isn't going above 16.5 centigrade; at least if I'm at work I'm warm.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

And this is the station where I was supposed to be going for play rehearsals. They've been cancelled...
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Safe indoors here, while everyone else panic buys bread and milk. XD

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

It's grim down south...
                Keep away from the sea,people...

Comment

When I heard about communications in the UK being down and the storm reaching California, I suddenly had a memory of the last episode of Dinosaurs.
                  Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

I feel like this year several states and the UK have gotten all our snow. I don't mind, but it's weird. Sacramento, CA got a huge hail storm. Mother Nature's going through menopause.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Watching the Englishters on snow and ice is just as amusing as watching my fellow southerners.
                      Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Well Thursday I had to walk home from work.12 miles and I was the fastest thing moving....
                        Pictures arriving soon

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          Safe indoors here, while everyone else panic buys bread and milk. XD

They do that here to, and buy chips and frozen pizza , and Ice cream , you know real useful in a storm and power outage lol

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                            Well Thursday I had to walk home from work.12 miles and I was the fastest thing moving....
                            I can believe it. Thursday my nice little 25-30 minute commute took me an hour and a half, mainly because the 70mph dual carriageway which forms the bulk of it ended up narrowing down to 1 lane in several patches due to snow from the fields in the east drifting over the carriageway.

There was a tractor with a snow-plough going up and down trying to keep that one lane open and barely managing it. The snow drifts were up to nearly the top of my car on the east side, was stacked up on the central reservation as far as my wing mirror on the west side, and in the narrowest stretches the lorry a few places ahead of me was scraping against both sides going through. That was without the 40mph winds from the east picking up the snow and blowing it across the road so thickly that you literally couldn't see the car that was 1 car length ahead of you, even though it had fog lights on.

Scary drive in.
                            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                              Scary drive in.
                              I couldn't get out of my road, let alone get to work. When I was finally able to get up the hill again, I noticed several (a) dented cars and (b) signposts at unusual angles.
                              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                              X