This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    No news so far, although the story continues to be spread and shared, and is getting some traction in some media, including some articles I have seen.
    Seems to me I saw something about this on CNN, though it might have been a link to the story elsewhere.

I'm so sorry for your friend. I hope and pray they find her safe and sound very soon.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Shared again. Hope something turns up soon.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I had emailed the news station with a request to run a story on her, with a link to the Help Find Lacey Brooks page, but got no reply. I guess it takes a famous person to get their attention, so I'm glad Pauley Perette has gotten involved.

I've found a lot of stuff about Lacey online; she sounds awesome. I'd love to meet her someday.
        Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Quoth Rantsylvania 6-5000 View Post
          I've found a lot of stuff about Lacey online; she sounds awesome. I'd love to meet her someday.
          She is definitely a character. And I mean that in the best way possible.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Ooohh that's a relief .

Comment

A confession: I knew about this a while ago. A friend of mine is one of the woman's best friends, and is in constant contact with her parents, so knew about the note. At my friend's request, I did not say anything to anyone about it, as they were running forensic tests on the note to make sure that it was from her, and that it was not written under duress, which was, of course, the appropriate thing to do. A note is not the best form of contact, after all, and could be forged or forced. Now that her parents (and I presume the authorities) are satisfied that this was a note from her, and it was authentic and written under her own free will...only now can I truly relax. I knew about the note itself; I did not know that it had passed muster until patiokitty posted this, as I had not checked the site yet today. So, thank you, patiokitty....I might have gone a while longer without knowing about this.

I will keep y'all posted on any further developments, as much as I can, as I hear them. Thank you for your support. All of you.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I had not seen that update so I'm glad she's alive and apparently safe.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

As am I. Interestingly, another friend of mine, who I had not had contact with in some time, recently resurfaced. The great thing about this is the last I had heard about her, she had left her husband and children and gone to the streets, with drugs and alcohol basically ruling her life. And suddenly, she was on facebook the other day, contacting me, which was very cool. I don't know all the details yet, but I do hope that she has turned her life around and reunited with her family. And I hope to get more details from her soon. Ditto with my friend that this thread was originally all about.

I hope to know more about both within the next week, but can't promise that I'll be at liberty to disclose what I found out. I hope y'all can understand if that is the case.

And again, thank you all for helping spread the word and for being supportive. You guys were phenomenal, and I have no doubt that you were a large factor in getting this story the national attention that it did. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                  X