Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, who has seen the MLP:FiM season finale? (Possible Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, who has seen the MLP:FiM season finale? (Possible Spoilers)

Title says it all. I thought it was interesting, but not as great as the Canterlot Royal Wedding.
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

I call myself a "metabrony", because I'm not a fan of the series itself, but am very fond of all the spinoffs bronys produce. With all the hullaballoo about this last episode, I had to watch.

Well, it was as plodding and emotive as I thought it would be. The ending was an anime-like apotheosis, and on top of that, at the very last second, it ruined what would be the obvious and potentially amusing plot for S4E1. :-P

Comment

I wasn't too thrilled. The HUB made a lot of hype on it and it was for me very disappointing. I suspect that if the end of season 3 was a disappointment, then season 4 will probably end up just as much as disappointment.

BTW, we can thank Hasbro for ruining this for us.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I personally loved the finale. The number and quality of the songs alone was enough to make me giggly and happy. However, if I had to make one complaint about it, it would be that there was just too much story for one episode. If there was any storyline that deserved two (or even three) parts, it was this. I think that, by doing it in one episode, they were forced to rush through things. Had they split it into two like they did with the Canterlot Wedding and all the season premieres, it would've been so much better.
        Last edited by firecat88; 02-17-2013, 05:50 PM.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
          I personally loved the finale. The number and quality of the songs alone was enough to make me giggly and happy. However, if I had to make one complaint about it, it would be that there was just too much story for one episode. If there was any storyline that deserved two (or even three) parts, it was this. I think that, by doing it in one episode, they were forced to rush through things. Had they split it into two like they did with the Canterlot Wedding and all the season premieres, it would've been so much better.
          That was one of the problems I had with the episode. I'm reminded of a few anime films where they try to cram too much into an two hour movie and leave people who have never seen the series or read the manga to scratch their heads.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I liked it... the songs were a definite highlight... there are rumors that this is actually more like part 1 of a three-parter, which will be wrapped up in the beginning of season 4... soooo far far away.

But as a self-contained episode, yes, definitely rushed. But still had great emotion and epic-ness. I enjoyed it more than some of the more recent episodes...

Comment

I agree that it felt rushed, and I wouldn't be surprised if the cast and crew would have preferred to do a double episode as well, but you work with what you're given.

That said, I really enjoyed it. I loved the songs (Celestia gets to sing! Yay!), the story was good, and for me it was just a lot of fun. I had no problems at all with Twilight becoming a princess; I've expected it since the beginning. I mean, come on - she's had a crown since the second episode! My only real concern was that I expecetd this to be how they ended the show, not in the middle of the run. To be fair, that could have been the intention, but with the popularity being what it is, it's entirely possible that they had to make a change. will this change the dynamic of the show? Probably, but life changes too. If the show stayed static, it would get boring.

I'm really looking forward to what the team comes up with in Season 4. Hopefully they can keep the good things going.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                I'm really looking forward to what the team comes up with in Season 4. Hopefully they can keep the good things going.
                Not sure about S4, but you should see what they're doing for a spinoff!

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Equestria_...28TV_series%29

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post

I'd been hoping that was just a rumor or a fanart or something. That it's true kinda frightens me. I don't know if they're trying to do some kinda throwback to when there were humans in G1, but they're going about it all wrong, if that's the case.

If they wanted to make them human, they should've actually, y'know, made them human. O.o The hair could be kept because I've seen people IRL do weird and crazy stuff like that, but humans don't have blue and purple skin.
                  "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post

Yeah, I've seen that. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and at least take a look, but I'm not holding out hope.

I still think they can make S4 work just fine. Right now it's just a matter of wait and see.
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I saw it and was...meh about it. To me, there was too much singing. I do agree, it was rushed. I would've love to have seen it go into more depth. Even going as far as showing a flashback of Star Swirl the Bearded trying to figure out the spell because I've always wanted to see what he looked like.

As for this Equestria girls? I'm already getting a feeling I wont like it much. I'll give it a chance by seeing the first ep but not much else.

Wish there were more episodes in season 3 woulda been cool to see Glinda or the Cake babies. We haven't seen a lot of encounter with other species like the dragons (Spike not included) or diamond dogs for awhile. I don't count the crystal ponies cuz...they're ponies.

However, if they brought back the Sea Ponies...I would be fangirling, but I don't see that happening .

ok I need to stop rambling, shutting up.
                      Last edited by Caffienated_Caramel; 02-20-2013, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X