This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinesthesia tape is the BEST THING EVAR

As mentioned in my Sickbay thread, I've been having some serious joint issues lately. Chances are, I pissed something off while either doing massive amounts of driving, massive amounts of skiing, or massive amounts of hoisting wine cases and typing. Either way, shoulders and knees finally said "that's IT, we're DONE."

Of all the joints to throw a tantrum, it had to be those. Of course.

Doc did a bunch of tests, ruled out a bunch of things, and referred me to physical therapy. Which I declared to be the Greatest Invention Ever on Facebook.

However, I'm starting to think it's actually the tape I'm loving. See, the very nice and very lovely PT lady ended our session by taping up my shoulders to help with the stability.

OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS, I HAVE NO PAIN.

There's still stiffness, and they don't work quite right, but THERE IS NO PAIN. I haven't been pain-free in my shoulders for nearly two weeks.

I WANT TO MARRY THIS STUFF.

I know, in about a week, I'm going to be cursing PT, the devil who spawned it, and my therapist for making me cry. But it's worth it, because if I can become totally pain free for the first time in years, I won't know what to do with myself.

*nods* Pain free is marvelous! Every once in awhile, I get to experience a pain free day. Wonder if that tape would work on my knees.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Where does one get this magical tape? I ask because yesterday morning, for no apparent reason, while I woke up and was still 42, my right hip woke up at the age of 82. It was Not Fun.

My first thought was, "I need to get someone to cover my shift." My second thought was, "Fuck you, you fucking pussy. Not only are you going to work, you are not driving, you are riding your bicycle, and you are going to haul ass getting there." And I did. 3.5 miles in 15:11. Not my best time, but better than my old average of 17-18 minutes, and all things considered, damn good. That being said, my hip is still ridiculously sore--from what I know not--so I could use something that would help. This tape sounds great. So...where do I find it?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Jester, I have no idea. It was put on me by a professional, so I hate to say it... but it might be one of those Doctor's Office things that us mere mortals have difficulty finding.

Mytical, try talking to the doc. If you're not already in PT, you may benefit from a few sessions, and they may find it advantageous to tape up your knees or hips.

Comment

I think it isn't so much the tape as it is the way it is used. The therapist will have to diagnose the problem to tape the injury properly.
          Tap with hammer, fifty cents. knowing where to tap, twenty dollars.

Comment

That... is a very good point, and one I hadn't considered.

Either way, definitely cursing the therapist today. Good LORD, some of my muscles are sore.

Comment

Physiotherapists' offices often sell that sort of tape. I buy it frequently. They can also teach you the best way to apply it yourself.
              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

You're over in Aus, though. I don't know what the availability of it is over here, though it looks like I'm going to start being taped up on a regular basis.

Had my first real session today, and WOW do I hurt. Which I know is a good thing, but OW.

Also, apparently my knees crack more than they should for a woman my age. Therapist suspects cartilage damage, and plans on taping the knees up thoroughly from now on at each appointment. She also mentioned that she wishes I could use it all the time, but that can cause skin damage, apparently.

I like her. She's funny. She also makes me whimper, and is sadistic in how hard she pushes me. But if it works, if it takes the pain away, I'll do anything she asks.

Comment

Working...
                X