Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a blizzard outside right now.

I'm in Kansas City, MO and we usually don't get winter storms like this. I just looked outside and could barely see the houses in the cul-de-sac across the street. I'm a little impressed, and glad we stocked up on food, as well as the fact that the power lines are buried in my neighborhood.
    Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Stay warm and safe! This one sounds like a nasty storm, especially for areas that aren't used to it.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Thank you for your concern.
      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Yup, I'm in Junction City Kansas and it is snowing extremely hard. We got three inches of snow in the last hour, so I think their forecast of over a foot is doable..
        Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Welcome to the average Canadian Winter.

Best of luck to you and yours, and stay safe, okay?

Comment

Yeah we had thundersnow last night in OK. Most stuff is closed today. Of course the kids are running around like savages because daddy got them up and dressed before 6:30 this morning.

*sigh*
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I'm in Kansas City as well. When my carpool and I left for work you could still see the road. By the time we got there (30 minutes later) you couldn't see the curbs. Downtown was a ghost town. We worked for an hour before the boss sent us all home. The drive home... well, between 7:30am and 9:15 when we were leaving there had suddenly appeared about 8 inches of snow. I didn't get home until 10:30 and my ride couldn't make it up my hill so I had to walk. Walking down the middle of an unplowed road... the snow came halfway to my knees in a few spots. Ohai snowmageddon!
              "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

The snow in my area didn't start until after 7:00 am, but it accumulated quickly. It has lightened up a bit every so often, but it's still going.

Comment

Gee, thanks guys.

It's all probably coming my way next. 3 to 5 inches of snow forecast, and I have to work.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Got up at noon and checked the highway report. When I called off the boss asked what took me so long. Yeah they have closed down KCI.
                    Meeeeoooow.....
                    Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

FWIW, the greatest danger in a blizzard is simply getting lost. Not only is visibility poor, but because the snow is constantly and randomly moving, you can't even depend on your sense of direction.

If you can no longer figure out where the road is, STOP and wait it out.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                        Welcome to the average Canadian Winter.

Best of luck to you and yours, and stay safe, okay?
                        Average Canadian winter? While that might be typical for Winterpeg, it's a VERY heavy snow load for Toronto, and in Vancouver everybody panics when they see the first flake.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          ...in Vancouver everybody panics when they see the first flake.
                          So *that's* why the SkyTrain is so frightening!
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            Average Canadian winter? While that might be typical for Winterpeg, it's a VERY heavy snow load for Toronto, and in Vancouver everybody panics when they see the first flake.
                            Here in Southern (VERY Southern) Ontario, we get a blast of snow ... and then within 3 days at most it's melted. I've given up shoveling.

For those of you in the teeth of this blizzard, stay warm and stay safe!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              Gee, thanks guys.

It's all probably coming my way next. 3 to 5 inches of snow forecast, and I have to work.
                              So will I and I will have to be outside most of the time and drive/deliver in it.

meh 3 - 5 inches is not really all that bad. Now if you were talking about 12 - 18 inches that would be a BIG bummer.
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                              X