This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    Snow on May 6th?! And I thought it was weird when we got it on the first day of spring a couple of years ago!
    I'm in North Carolina, and the latest I've ever seen it snow is May. The earliest I've ever seen it snow here was in October. This past year, in fact, it snowed four inches on Halloween night.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      Snow on May 6th?! And I thought it was weird when we got it on the first day of spring a couple of years ago!
      For the 2nd year in a row, Denver received snow on Mother's Day weekend. About 4" at my house, and it was 99% melted by the time the sun set on Sunday.

The latest Denver has received measurable (1/10th of an inch or about 2-3mm) snowfall is June 3rd, methinks.

1995, we had snow on September 11th that knocked out power to over half the city for 3 days. 6" wet heavy stuff + trees with leaves on them still = snapped power lines. That's a good 10-11 days to go in SUMMER!

July & August are the only two months that Denver has never had measurable snowfall. (Well, since white settlers came in, our official weather records only go back to the 1860s and 1870s)

I've been in a several inch snowstorm on the 4th of July, outside of Fairplay, CO. (Granted, that is 10,000 feet/3200m above sea level...)

Had a snowball fight in the middle of August on the top of Mt. Evans. (14,000/4100-4200m above sea level)...

St. Patty's day 2003, had a blizzard start that dumped 3 feet of super wet heavy snow...within days we were concerned about street flooding from the melt/runoff.

Yeah, I like snow.

Comment

Working...
      X