This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nose hair trimmers, gardening and you

Because of reasons such as my manager is an idiot who can't think strategically about anything not involving sports, titties, and/or beer, we've been having some problems lately with merchandise getting misplaced.

Yesterday's incident of this was particularly amusing. Here's the sequence of events, going back about three weeks:
    • A salesfloor person is scanning outs in health and beauty aids. He scans the label for a nose hair trimmer which is not on the floor
    • The scanner shows no backstock location for the nose hair trimmers, but says we have 6 on hand and shows a recent "last received" date
    • A search of the backroom and salesfloor fails to turn up the nose hair trimmers
    • We decide to wait a week or so, in case somebody stumbles upon the trimmers
    • Nobody is able to find them, so we adjust the on-hand count down to 0
    • The DC sends us a case of 6 nose hair trimmers to replace the six we say we don't have
    • Yesterday, the salesfloor person is helping out in the garden center. He's doing some work in the shed and sees a small box tossed on a shelf.
    • It's the six nose hair trimmers we wrote off because we couldn't find them.

What likely happened was the box of nose hair trimmers somehow got tossed on a cart or pallet of stuff going out to the garden center weeks ago. Then, whoever was putting that stuff out just chucked them on a shelf in the shed and forgot about them.

I lawled when I was told about this. Then I told my supervisor and she lawled even harder.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

let me guess: they found the "lost" box of trimmers when they were prepping for Inventory?

That sounds like something that would happen at the Litter Box. . . .just about every Inventory, we're finding stuff in the backroom or the bunker in the hallway that management had to zero out on the On Hand Counts due to stuff not being where it should be (on the sales floor)

Right now we're trying to solve the mystery of the Great Cooks kitchen gadgets. We recently had a reset where the new Great Cooks items were worked into our kitchen gadget set, replacing the former brand. All the former brand items were sent back to my area, where we were instructed by Corporate (via EMS) to scan out using a special code and donate (which I did last week and Gambler, our DLT for Receiving, came by to pick those up for his next yard sale - proceeds go to our partnership w/the local food banks, but I digress.)

Meanwhile, Daria scanned her empty holes this week and saw she was supposed to have X quantity of several of these items when in fact there were ZERO of that SKU that she had on the shelf. They are not in my area - I would have seen them among the vendor back stock and other reclaim.

Ass Man is now trying to go back through the billing to see when these were supposedly billed to us - not sure if he can get a warehouse shortage claim submitted b/c Corporate only allows us 24 hrs of the invoice being available online to file a claim and it has to be a minimum amount of $250.00

So it wouldn't surprise me if those items mysteriously show up when we prep for the next inventory b/c they were shoved into some remote back corner of the stock room.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
    X