Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People are always worried about jobs going overseas...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People are always worried about jobs going overseas...

...And in this case, I really think they shouldn't worry at all.

My organization is undergoing 'change'. We have a new CEO who wants to try something different. Apparently, customers hate being transferred. So now we're going to have 'one stop' agents who are assigned certain customers and handle them from stop to finish. It's an... interesting idea. Not sure how it's going to work out. Not sure I like it because I don't even know how to use my own TV, nor do I care to. Really, I cherish my ignorance of certain things. I cringe at the thought of learning tech support.

Anyway. Recently, I spoke to my manager about it and he said I shouldn't worry about layoffs. I'm like, of course not... from the sounds of it, they want us to be SUPER AGENTS! That's going to be hard enough for onshore agents but it'll be worse for international ones. They tend to be less competent in general although in the past, one of our other areas has given them a run for their money. *cough* Quebec *cough* I said to my manager, I'm not worried about layoffs. I am, however, very worried that my job might start to suck. If that happens I'll dust of the ol' resume and start applying for internal postings. Heck, I might even make more money if I get one. The only reason I'm not now is that I like my job. If that changes well, why not?

Ah, change...

So if you wind up with an abusive asshole or somebody who refuses to follow instructions you have to endure them and can't transfer them?

I see absolutely no way that can backfire.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I see big problems with that. Not everyone is going to be able to remember every single thing that happens to a client from start to finish.

I have dealt with one company that tried it this way. 4 hours of going around in circles with the 1st contact was very frustrating for both of us. But they weren't allowed to transfer me to another person. In the end I had to become a bitch to make them transfer me to a supervisor. They had already put me on hold multiple times to ask co-workers questions, but no one else had come across my issue before either.

30 mins on the phone to the supervisor and they had to put me through to someone else because they had no idea how to help either. 3rd person had worked there for a number of years so knew how to help.

1st person had only been there a few months - not their fault they didn't know everything, but they should have been able to bump my call up the line earlier.
      2nd person had only been there just under a year - again they should have been allowed to transfer my call sooner. Or hell I would have accepted a call back when they found the right person.

Instead I spent nearly 5 1/2 hours on the phone.
      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Working...
      X