This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seanette View Post
    I do prefer that my items be grouped rationally, such as canned all together (and multiples of the same thing together), frozen as a group, etc., and do group them on the conveyor to hopefully signal what I'd like grouped.

I'm not quite as picky as your brother's customer, though. Just keep categories together and I'm content.
    I agree with one caveat. If you're going to put all my cans together, PLEASE double-bag it. I'm taking the bus home, and I'd rather not end up chasing my tomatoes down the middle of a busy street because your sucky bag broke (this is also why I try to use reusable bags...the handles are easier on your hands and they don't split apart if you look at them the wrong way).
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Yep, if I'm not in a hurry, I will sort things out how I want them bagged. Heavy stuff first, fridge stuff in one group, freezer in another, canned and jars in another, boxed foods, then chemicals and lastly squishies.

And I still have cashiers who put frozen goods with my boxed stuff! I usually go back and fix it myself, before leaving the lane. My oldest is learning the trick of bagging now. He's learned to grab the bag with the donuts so nothing else gets put in with them!
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Perhaps it's a Brit thing,but we don't usually have baggers here.Occasionally,there'll be a sea scout or girl guide or something helping out for charity,but normally,you stick your own stuff in the bags-the cashier may sort them into frozen or chilled,but I normally throw mine in together so I know the doughnuts sit on the top of the big boxes.
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

To be honest since it was the bagger's fault that the doughnut was damaged, I'd have politely asked for a pristine replacement or a refund if the bakery were out. If it had been me packing I'd just write it off, but done by someone who's supposed to have been trained in this? Nope, not taking the hit.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Meh...me I'd have just squished the doughnut into the cashier's face,telling her...there you broke my doughnut...see what it's like :P
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I've rarely had a problem here with the cashiers bagging my stuff. I usually put it up how they usually bag it and bring my own bags, including an insulated one for the cold stuff. They will even ask me if I want my meat bagged in plastic and if i want heavy items bagged at all. Even asked me sometimes if I needed someone to give me a hand out with it, I turn it down though. I got it in the cart and I'm going to have to get it in the house, lol.

Comment

Working...
              X