Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first ID failure, and proof I am a gentleman.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious,what do you do if you haven't got a driver's licence or a passport?

I've never had a driver's licence and if you've never travelled abroad,there's no reason why you need a passport.

The list of things for proving address was just as irritating. Bills-well,they're done online. Bank statements-ditto. Haven't had bankruptcy papers,rent book,TV licence.Got into the seriously daft things that I might not have-firearms licence,court papers,army discharge papers.
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Most states have plain ID cards you can get, that aren't licenses to do anything.

I always end up taking junk mail to places that require proof of address. Just about everything is either in my maiden name (which I've changed over and over to the point of giving up because we've been married THREE YEARS NOW) and invalid, or in Hubs's name.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
        Bills-well,they're done online.
        For Arkansas state stuff, all you need is a print out of the bill with your address on it. They can't take a look at it on the smartphone, because they need to scan it into their system. Eventually, that day will come. Example, for WIC, the DL or state issued ID is required for ID purposes, but they also ask for a bill to make sure you actually, and currently, live where your ID says you do.

I asked about the bill too, because all of mine are handled paperlessly and that was what I was told. I recommend calling the place you're putting in paperwork and see what they recommend for that situation.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

For most places around here for proof of address in addition to bills they also accept a copy of your lease or deed to house, a rent receipt if it has the address on it, or a letter from the ministry of finance addressed to you at your current address.
          Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I'm kind of screwed when it comes to proving where I live. The house and utilities are all in bf's name. He bought the house in 1994 and it makes no sense to add me to any of the 21 year old accounts. The only things in my name are my cell phone bill and my car insurance. Those are two bills that are generally not accepted for proof of residence. The one time where it was absolutely required that I prove where I live, they were willing to take a letter from bf stating that he was the home owner and that I do, in fact, live here, along with a copy of one of his utility bills.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
            X