X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAIL!

Holy crap, I got hail!

Seriously, I'm sitting here, perusing the forums while pretending to work and suddenly it's TINK TINK TINK! I didn't even know there was going to be rain. And now, not five minutes later, I'm looking out my window and there's no clouds?

Ah, Calgary...

Sounds like the Calgary I know and love. I haven't lived there, or even visited there, in years but hail storms at weird times were something I came to expect. The last time I was there was for a concert held around the time of the Stampede - it was an outdoor venue and we got hailed and rained on, even though the day dawned bright, beautiful, and really damn hot. The people I was with had never experienced anything like this before, but I pretty much just shrugged it off and went with it.

Comment

We got hail in Edmonton on Sunday. Today we woke up to snow
      Attached Files

Comment

Beat me to it.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth chikenlady View Post
          We got hail in Edmonton on Sunday. Today we woke up to snow
          Snow on May 6th?! And I thought it was weird when we got it on the first day of spring a couple of years ago!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Heck, we have snow in our forecast here in St. John's for tonight. But our weather is weird anyways so I'm really not shocked. And I'm also really glad that I haven't packed away all my winter gear yet!

Comment

We've had snow the Tuesday after Victoria Day. Which is the third Monday of May.

Comment

The rule here is never plant anything until after Victoria day, it WILL get below freezing over night before that, and it's 50/50 to snow the long weekend. I am picking up the 4th tire for my summer set this weekend, I won't be changing them until after the long weekend. It's been on the 20's all week, it's supposed to hit 30 degrees by the end of the week, and I still know it's going to snow one more time before it's really summer.
                Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  Snow on May 6th?! And I thought it was weird when we got it on the first day of spring a couple of years ago!
                  You know the joke about something being a likely as a snowstorm in July? Don't say that here or you will regret it.
                  I AM the evil bastard!
                  A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Also, we have users in Australia - to them, snow in July is perfectly normal.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Also, we have users in Australia - to them, snow in July is perfectly normal.
                      Wha? We only get snow on mountains. A lot of us are lucky to even have seen it in person. The best we can hope for his maybe some light hail during winter.
                      Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

At least it was (probably) very small and not large and heavy enough to inflict major damage.

This is why my car is now dimply and will stay that way until it dies.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          At least it was (probably) very small and not large and heavy enough to inflict major damage.

This is why my car is now dimply and will stay that way until it dies.
                          It was small... this time. A few years ago we had a massive hailstorm up here and my car took heavy damage. Didn't break a window though. A few did, I'm told. My sister's house had its' siding ripped to ratshit on one side and both her cars were badly damaged, one so bad it was a write off. Mom says that someday, the insurance companies around here will stop covering hail damage.

Comment

And I woke up today and found snow on the lawn. Not as impressive as the picture of Edmonton but the dogs loved it.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              In western South Dakota we can have snow up until 15 June. June blizzards are not uncommon. In fact it snowed today - expected 6"-12" in town and 12"-24" in the higher Hills.
                              Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                              X