Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a college in your town? They probably have some free wifi somewhere on campus - such as the lounge, library, student center, etc. That might be another option for you.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
      Is there a college in your town? They probably have some free wifi somewhere on campus - such as the lounge, library, student center, etc. That might be another option for you.
      There is, but it's not anywhere I can get to easily. Transportation money is tight this month. Maybe next month I will be able to get the unlimited bus pass. There is a business center in our complex I can go to though, which is my best choice on off days.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
        There is, but it's not anywhere I can get to easily. Transportation money is tight this month. Maybe next month I will be able to get the unlimited bus pass. There is a business center in our complex I can go to though, which is my best choice on off days.
        Would you qualify for any type of social services aid to get a bus pass? They do that where I live, not sure about other cities.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Mooncat, not to my knowledge. I don't think there's a reduced fare option just for being low income. Hubby is disabled but I am not allowed to use a pass that he bought at the reduced rate.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            I know that if my cat starts doing something bad like tearing up the carpet, I can't just ignore it. And he is absolutely doing it for attention.
            Do you have the resources to set up a "boring room"? Basically, it's a room with a litter box, a water dish, and nothing destroyable by/of interest to cats. Cat does something to try to get your attention when you don't want to be disturbed? Into the boring room! Eventually they learn that it's better to try to keep themselves amused than to try to get your attention.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I work at BK. Now I know my store in particular we have two regulars that come in and buy a dollar drink (they get thirsty while writing or doing what ever paperwork it is) and have a couple that don't buy anything and this isn't a problem as long as they are off in a corner and not interfering with anything. We have one guy who is there on average 5 hours twice a week. He only occasionally orders a drink and because it's free refills at our store, just sips away happily while working.

I do know that some of the other stores, especially in the city stores, frown upon this. It's a store to store thing. I wouldn't even bother asking though. Just plop your butt down and see if they mind. That's at least how it worked in my store. If you are a bother they will let you know in a (hopefully) polite way.

Hell I even have a manager from a BK down the street come to ours to do some of his school work because our store is quieter than his own.

Comment

It costs them the same amount to provide the WiFi whether you use it or not, so from a purely logical standpoint it does not matter whether you buy something and use it, not buy anything and use it, or are not there at all.

I would just use it. You would only be sucky if they ask you to stop and you make a fuss.

Comment

Another place that may work for you, is a hospital waiting room; or a large medical clinic's waiting room (the type that is so large no one is going to notice you sitting there). My youngest had an ear infection on Sunday so we went to the local walk-in clinic, and there was a couple sitting there with a computer and papers - it looked like they were working on a paper together. The Wi-Fi is free (passwords are all over the place) and no one is going to make you buy something to use the Wi-Fi.

Comment

Working...
                  X