This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job interview on Tuesday

I have a job interview on Tuesday May 19th.

I am currently looking for a better paying job because the rent at the low income apartments my husband and I live at went up, and what the two of us make per hour at our jobs is not enough. Both of us work for the same employer, at the same location, doing the same job, while working the same hours.

We do not make enough per hour to cover the rent increase plus our other monthly expenses.

I am excited and nervous.

I just need to find the right job for me that pays well.

Good luck. Crossing my fingers for you.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

My interview is this Wednesday instead of Tuesday.

I also received a call on my personal cell phone for another job I applied for. The person calling left voice mail since I was working at that time.

Both companies are located in the same area.

This is the first time I have had an interview lined up and then had another employer call me for an interview.

I do want to go to both interviews.

What is the best way to handle this so I do get a better paying job?

Comment

If the interviews are not scheduled for the same time there is no reason why you can't do both. Even if they are, see if you can reschedule one for a bit later in the same day. You go to them, find out what the pay is and then go from there. It is not common for a person to be hired on the spot so I do not think you need to worry about that at this point.

I would say that you play this by ear, and do not be afraid to accept one job before hearing about the second one...if the second one is a better offer, then you can safely contact the first one to say that you have changed your mind. Going to an interview is not locking yourself into having to accept that position even if a better one comes up.

Comment

Good luck with the interviews.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
          X