This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Spackerdoodles!

So, as many of you know, I'm a call centre rep. I'm inward facing so I only deal with my co-workers, whom I can coach if they are rude.

Anyhow, I was getting all my systems ready as I do every morning. I opened this page and that page, gettin' it ready... then I opened up the queue monitor because I like to see how busy we are and what kind of day I'm looking at. Well, yesterday I got the shock of my life! There's 35 agents logged in and taking calls. That's a normal number. However, there's 30 calls waiting! Holy crap! *cracks knuckles* Time to turn 'em and burn 'em!

So that was a busy Monday. XD

Quoth Aria View Post
    So, as many of you know, I'm a call centre rep. I'm inward facing so I only deal with my co-workers, whom I can coach if they are rude.

Anyhow, I was getting all my systems ready as I do every morning. I opened this page and that page, gettin' it ready... then I opened up the queue monitor because I like to see how busy we are and what kind of day I'm looking at. Well, yesterday I got the shock of my life! There's 35 agents logged in and taking calls. That's a normal number. However, there's 30 calls waiting! Holy crap! *cracks knuckles* Time to turn 'em and burn 'em!

So that was a busy Monday. XD
    Ha ha ha.

Come find me once you've had a queue waiting in the triple digits.

That happened to us at The Client at ITSD the first Monday after the government furlough ended.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I've experienced the triple-digit queue. I was working for a major shipping company (think brown), in their tech support (I walked people through using the web site and helped them with problems with the stand-alone software used by businesses). I was at the larger of two call centers, mine being on the California coast with the other in (IIRC) Las Vegas. We were knocked offline for roughly 20-30 minutes by an earthquake. By the time my center was back up and able to work again, the queue was at over 200. Much apologizing to callers (at least by me), with explanation. I don't recall anyone being unpleasant about it once they knew why the hold times had been so high.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I was working at the triple letter/spaghetti western mass transit alarm company call center when the server crashed and we had to go to paper [every alarm signal did a mccullough and printed to paper, they were tearing off the individual signals and passing them out. [let me recap the history of alarms ... think of it like a telegraph, originally it simply sent a signal to a monitoring office and someone had to sit there and listen to the clicks, then it got to the tickertape era and printed onto a strip of paper, then it would make a phone call to the alarm office, and finally we got computers. If you watch M for Murder they have a mccullough system set up in the security office and all the alarms for the building are picked up there and the guard was to call the cops.] So everybody working that evening had *piles* of strips of paper on their desks. Better than when they were filming a ship explosion in Boston Harbor - the boom set off every glass break for 2 to 3 blocks around the harbor =)

Honestly, if you have a home alarm system, you do NOT want to talk with people in the industry. Honest.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
        X