Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They don't understand why I am so mad. Am I crazy or is it them?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't feel bad anymore. I know that I'll be OK at the end of this. It has made me mellow and realise that I really need my own place. Not a shared house. My own place. I don't think I ever want to share a house again.

Oh and ex-roommate? He's been calling people complaining of being lonely, as no one wants to go visit him in a town almost an hour away that has no direct transport to and has no pub, club or cafe (which is exactly what I said would happen ) I am still utterly baffled as to why he moved there. It's expensive, it is not near his work, his friends or his family, there's nothing there and no one wants to go there.

Comment

Can't really give you a good answer there, other than a lot of people tend to wish with one hand while shitting in the other.

And then, of course, they'll complain that they have shit all over their hand.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
        Don't feel too bad about having to go back home either, mate.

It happens to the best of us.

I'll second this......had to move back into my mom's house after being on my own for about ten years.

Comment

It's expensive
          Prestige? Some people like to move out to pricey suburbs because they believe it makes them look successful. That only works if you can afford it and, in this case, if you don't mind being away from all your favorite places and your friends.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

And you have the shallow kind of friends that are impressed by how much you spend on prestige and mailing address, while stepping all over their toes to get it.
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Prestige? Some people like to move out to pricey suburbs because they believe it makes them look successful. That only works if you can afford it and, in this case, if you don't mind being away from all your favorite places and your friends.
              This makes a lot of sense actually. A friend of mine pointed this out too when he announced where his new house was.

We have a mutual friend who is very successful. He owns a business and earns a lot of money. This success has never affected his personality, but it has with some people that hang around with him, roommate included. One or two of our mutual friends, including roommate seem to have grown obsessed trying to look as successful as he is (e.g "Look! I've bought a fancy house just like you!!) But rather than trying to be successful the sane way (working hard, working your way up etc) they want to be successful right away. Roommate could have easily have gotten a house in the same area that was not as expensive and probably a lot bigger, but he went for fancy town in the middle of no where that if we were to visit would require a £30 taxi fee.

Comment

These folks are the crazy ones. *hugs and hands over chocolate*
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                X