This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't even

Order for a scan was put in Thursday after hours so we saw it Friday morning. It's for a scan we don't do terribly often so I called our pharmacy to see if we could get the isotope. They can't get it until Monday at the earliest, which means that's the earliest we can even start the scan.

So I called the floor, spoke to the nurse, informing her of the above and thought all was well. Heh. I really should know better by now. Found out today the floor reported us for not starting the scan for 3 days. And I got to explain to three supervisors why we couldn't start a scan for which we couldn't get the isotope. Nurse drops the ball and somehow it's my fault.

Fortunately we're not in any trouble for it since obviously we had no control over it, but it still pisses me off.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Ah yes....that happens to us frequently. If our ER would follow procedure I'd know there was a patient waiting while I was still area. Waiting 1:40 to page me pretty much ensures I will be be home 45 minutes from the HoH. Claiming you didn't know I wasn't there is not my problem since I called and informed the charge nurse I was leaving as protocol dictates.
    I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Im thankful we have a pretty good facility where most things are available when necessary. Being that im in the ER, if a test is going to take 3 days to do, It's no longer my issue.

I would have hoped that it would have only taken one supervisor to realize that your reason was valid and to put the blame elsewhere.

Comment

But that would require them to talk to each other. And they don't understand what we do so they can't explain it to each other even if they do talk. They need us to explain it.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
        X