Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't have to have Aspergers to not want strangers pawing you. I don't mind accidental or casual touches, but if there's even a hint of creeper about it (or I'm in pain) I'll let the person know to back off.

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
    I love the SCA and the sf/fantasy con folk, but the habit of running up and hugging or instant massaging of the neck and shoulders is purgatorial. I am trying to figure out a wheelchair friendly hall costume that would work at dissuading people from touching me from the back or sides. I wish I could have a Haut bubble float chair! I am thinking something like a delicate wire frame supporting starched white sheer fabric salvaged from a set of drapery sheers and a used power chair. Maybe a hoveround, they seem to have the smallest base and turning radius. Take off the chair portion and pop on a monocoque seat.
    A Lois McMaster Bujold fan!

Most SCA/Con folks won't do anything that will screw up someone's costume, so for something Steampunk, put spikes and/or gears, ruffles, and starched lace. If you want it to be fairly simple, you've got the right idea with the starched collar. You could make a detachable starched Elizabethan-type stand-up ruffle attached to a vest or something so you could take it on and off at will.

Not to mention the cool steampunky things you could do to your wheelchair.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
      I really cant stand people thinking its ok to touch me, or pet me or hug me without permission. When I had hair, people would attempt to stroke that too.

It made me giggle when I saw that Pa, the state i live in, it is illegal to touch a pregnant womans belly without her permission for. Its silly that we need that law, but you shouldnt touch other people without permission or without a very good reason. (like the Heimlick Manuever).

I feel your pain, JM. We also have the patient satisfaction scores that we get pummeled with and etc. Its insane the stuff thats written on the surveys. Like things that could have been fixed if someone had known, or things that staff have no control over.
      Behind every silly/unnecessarily law is a stupid person.

Why would anyone touch a pregnant woman, without permission, in the first place?
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
      X