X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    Jester,

It may interest you to know that I just special ordered a bottle of brinley gold vanilla based solely on this thread. Ordered from one of the better stocked liquor stores in my area. Should be in sometime next week.
    Two things.

1. Hope you got a good price for it.

2. I really hope you like it, otherwise you aren't going to like me very much, and I am going to feel kinda bad.

Quoth MadMike View Post
    If you're near the state line, you could cross it, and maybe find better prices or selection. But if the cops catch you doing it, they'll arrest you. Sometimes PA cops even sit in the parking lots of liquor stores that are just across the state line to try and bust people.
    I don't get it. Is it illegal to cross the state line with booze? I mean, I've flown with booze (in my checked baggage), with the airline fully aware of what I was doing, as I told them.

To those who would want to do this and not get busted, I would suggest this common sense approach: don't go to the liquor stores just over the state line. Go to one that is a few miles across the state line. Also, use a circular route, so that your return trip is along different roads than your initial foray.

Just my two cents.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      1. Hope you got a good price for it.
      $23 for a 750ml bottle. Online retailers had it for less, but then you have to factor in shipping, plus the added charge for "adult signature required."

Quoth Jester View Post
      2. I really hope you like it, otherwise you aren't going to like me very much, and I am going to feel kinda bad.
      I don't think that'll be an issue. And even if I don't like it, I'm hardly going to blame you for it.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
        If you're near the state line, you could cross it, and maybe find better prices or selection. But if the cops catch you doing it, they'll arrest you. Sometimes PA cops even sit in the parking lots of liquor stores that are just across the state line to try and bust people.
        That...doesn't sound right.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

It is - apparently - illegal to purchase alcohol for consumption in Pennsylvania in a state other than Pennsylvania.

http://www.stateline.org/live/ViewPa...ontentId=15316
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
            It is - apparently - illegal to purchase alcohol for consumption in Pennsylvania in a state other than Pennsylvania.

And also Utah.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
              Quoth dalesys View Post
              And also Utah.
              And yet another reason, beyond the weather (and others), why I will never live in Pennsylvania or Utah.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post

I didn't even know about it until the paper ran an article about it, back in '99 or so, including the part about the cops watching for people doing it. Hell, most of the people they busted didn't even know it was illegal.

In just about any other business, if you don't like the store's prices or selection, you're free to go to another store. Not in this case, though.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

OOooohhhhhh!!! Hubby likes rum

I could almost taste it reading your thread.

I found a distributor here in Sydney I can get it from. They are asking A$60 per bottle but for good quality sprirts, this is about normal
                  "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                  "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                  "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Yea, PA is lame like that. We just went to Delaware since it was only a 25-30 minute ride. Used my car since I had NJ tags and PA cops ignored me. Plus, Delaware has no sales tax!

I used to really like rums I started drinking smoother stuff like vodkas. Though last summer, I got to try some spiced rum that was absolutely amazing with pepsi at a friend's place. I forget the name but it was delicious. I think it was like 110 proof too.

These days my special alcohol of choice is chilled Cafe Patron.
                    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

ooooh I have a cousin who goes to Cuba and the Dominican Republic regularly and brings back all kinds of rum deliciousness. My brother's customs allowance when he went to Jamaica was ENTIRELY spent on rum LOL

I am tempted to see if I can find a bottle of this for them. I don't drink, myself, but I bet they'd enjoy it
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                        It may interest you to know that I just special ordered a bottle of brinley gold vanilla based solely on this thread. Ordered from one of the better stocked liquor stores in my area. Should be in sometime next week.
                        So, Dave, did you ever get that bottle? And what did you think of it if you did?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                        X