Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird (symbolic?) happenings at Circle tonight.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird (symbolic?) happenings at Circle tonight.

First, please do not take this to fratching, I'm more interested in the symbolism that happened tonight.

First, I'm not Wiccan so I rarely go to Circle with my wife but for some reason I felt I should go when she asked about tonight - it was to celebrate Mabon (yeah, I know, it's late). Mabon is to celebrate the harvest and welcome the incoming winter.

So, I'm the outsider for the lack of a better term.

It was at my wife's friends house who has samoyeds. Samoyeds are a spitz breed, medium sized (40-50ish pounds?) and all white and fluffy - great cuddle dogs but like any spitz they can be independent. They're also considered a "northern" breed since they are from the north (Siberia) The owner's girl, Abbey, took to me like I was her best friend. The owner said this was not typical of her, she may want to be around new people buy will usually act indifferent towards them. Abbey even kissed me a lot which the owner had never seen before with someone she just met. At the time I didn't think anything other than she's (Abbey) a sweetie.

When they started to burn the charcoal, I swear I saw a face in the briquette. Two oval shaped eyes and a D with the curve down so it looked like a huge smile.

So we start Circle. The owner took south, her husband took west, my wife took east which left north for me. Now I start to think. Hmm, why am I north? Things just worked out but the new person is north and Mabon is the sabbat to welcome in the winter (when Persophnie (sp?) is sent to the underworld - the days are now shorter than the nights etc.). Then I realize, Abbey is not leaving my side. The northern breed is staying next to the person who represents north. Hmm, this isn't normal. (I actually joked to myself if Kiri was with us, would she be west? ).

During the circle the east candle burned out a few times.

Near the end of the ceremony, Abbey left my side and walked clockwise around the circle a couple of times and then went to the corner to nap. (Clockwise is the direction the wind goes in a high pressure weather system (lows they go counterclockwise)).

I'm wondering of the significance of what happened tonight. I could feel some energy in the air so something was up. Did it mean that we were going to have a strong winter this year but it will end early? Abbey walking clockwise around the circle may also indicate nice weather throughout the winter (or dry weather?). What about the candle and the smile in the charcoal?

Thoughts?

.. I also got a nerve racking message from Persephonie (sp?) also.
    Last edited by draggar; 10-03-2011, 02:11 AM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"
Working...
X