This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want internet!

My internet has been down all week. I called in Monday and the soonest they could get out when I could have someone home was Wednesday 4-7p. The previous night I got the confirmation call and pressed the correct number to confirm the appointment. At 7 I call them to see why the tech never showed. Somehow my appointment got cancelled. Awesome. I set up a second appointment for today 7-10a. At 9:45 my roommate tells me that they still aren't there yet. I went ahead and called them just to make sure there hadn't been yet another mistake. At which point I find out that today's appointment was also cancelled. Not by me. It was closed out because of an input error when the ticket was put in. Which is slightly odd because last night my roommate received calls from a number he didn't know. He didn't answer but it was probably them. Which means that the ticket didn't close out right away. I have no clue how the system works and there probably could be a reason for all that maybe. I just know I'm pissed. The tech will hopefully be out between 12 and 1 today. I really hope they show and can fix it. It's that teasing internet outage too where you'll have an hour or two total that it works throughout the day. Just enough to tease, not enough to actually do much. It happened for a weekend last month too but they happened to be at our complex before I called and managed to fix it. I hope today's fix lasts longer!
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Yeah the tech finally showed up that day and yes it's Comcast. He figured out that connecting directly to the modem worked fine. So he told my roommate that our router was burned out and we needed to buy a new one. After talking my roommate down from running out to the store, I installed the newest router firmware/software whatever and it now works fine. Because the router itself not only wasn't broken, but had a lifetime warranty so buying a new one would have been just silly. Really wish the tech had just said it was a router issue, not that it needed to be replaced. Just glad I was able to get my roommate to wait. We had a couple issues with the last set up and I didn't want to deal with that again!
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

And my Internet is down again! If I'm lucky and the tech shows up, I might have Internet again on Thursday.

Comment

Working...
      X