This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online food journals

such as myfitnesspal.com: I believe some of you use these. Can anyone advise me? I am thinking of signing up, but I don't know how useful it would be since A) eating out is a rarity for me and B) I do some packaged foods, but not a lot. I punched in "chocolate cappuccino," for example, into a database and got only 4 results, none of which work because they were manufactured foods. The aforementioned item is something I make at home, not from a mix. So I am supposing I would have to declare all the ingredients individually every day (i.e. 6 ounces milk, 1 1/4 T cocoa, etc). Or would I be able to program in the recipe and store my own version somehow? Like I could punch in "chocolate cappuccino" and it would calculate according to my recipe? It seems like a pain, since even my Hamburger Helper is homemade, I'm just wondering how the database works, and how you like it.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

If you have an iPhone, MyNetDiary if pretty decent and worth a look. Don't know for sure of they have a web version.

Comment

There is an online version - free to join. :-)

Comment

My experience is that most of those things let you program in your own recipes, and save both your own and other people's to a "favorites" list that it's easy to select from.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

One I use is www.livestrong.com, from the Lance Armstrong foundation. It let's you put a recipe in and tell it how many servings that recipe divides into and then tells you how many calories a serving is. It also let's you keep daily track of your calorie intake and calculate how much your intake should be based on body type, activity level and how much, if any, weight you're trying to lose. It also let's you put how much activity in a day you have done as well and keeps track of that level as well.

Comment

I use www.sparkpeople.com which is free. You can search their database, search foods entered by other members, or enter in your own food. If you have a recipe, you can put it in once, and it will calculate everything for you.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Yeah, I also use www.sparkpeople.com. You can put in your own foods as well, set various goals (e.g. grams of fat, carbs etc).
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Oh, I forgot I posted this. Thanks, everyone.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                X