This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uhm

wow. not sure how to go about this as I'm usually the one to send prayers and good thoughts and general help when and where I can. so this has hit me for a loop

my uncle went in for a heart attack and the doctors put in stints to see if that would help, it didn't so he had surgery scheduled today. well it was supposed to be a single bypass and it went from single to quadruple.
    and i just found out my friend D in california just got home from a stroke.

not upset about not knowing but that alot of my friends and family are being hit with issues like this.
    both my uncle and friend did not smoke, rarely drank, uncle is a vegetarian, had some weight issues but was keeping it under control and then this. D drank some, but took good care of himself and pow...

I'm trying to not think about how when and why of it and just stay positive to help my family and D's friends and family

*hugs* All I can say..hope things turn out better for you and your friends and family.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

so far they are recovering its just...its just a shock to me.

Comment

Sending prayers your way....sorry to hear about all of that. <big hug>
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Ouch!

Sit down, take a few breaths. Relax ...

Now. Plan on getting both of them a nice card to let them know you are thinking about them. While you are out, pick up something small for yourself to remind yourself that you need to relax also.

Stressing yourself out is bad, but letting yourself think about them is good. You need to let them know that you are thinking about them in a positive way. You can ask them or their immediate families if there is something you can do to help - I know that getting cards is always good - warm fuzzy feelings can help a person in hospital relax a bit which helps healing progress.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

UPDATE
            uncle went in tuesday (i had it mixed up) is done and recovering. D is doing ok but working on learning to walk again.
            and younger uncle is talking out his ass about the whole thing.
            and by that i mean the same such uncle that bailed on a serious operation and just went nuts on midlife crisis and just...insanity and is now talking like he knows whats going on.
            Forgive me but the first uncle had his chest opened. that is a very very scary thing. and now all the family and friends all about oh how sad and scary. yet who are the first to go visit him? first uncle's own sister and mom. no one else. i would love to come but being as i am sick i must stay home. from what little i do know anyone even remotely sick in the slightest must stay away from people who have had heart surgery or any major surgery to avoid any risk of passing it on as the person's immune system is very low?
            i mostly keep my family stuff to myself because its nothing new to me. but i'm done with holding my tongue. i'm sorry first uncle...your wife is a witch and you cannot depend on her to help, thus why we are coming.

Comment

thank you for the idea AccountingDrone.
              taking it further and sending a care box of veggie things as first uncle is a vegetarian. and items he may need as well as a card. same for D.

Comment

Quoth Midnight12 View Post
                thank you for the idea AccountingDrone.
                taking it further and sending a care box of veggie things as first uncle is a vegetarian. and items he may need as well as a card. same for D.
                Good =) And I hope the rehab progresses well for both!
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

still trying to find out how bad it is for D as at most he is on facebook for a few minutes at random throughout the day, from what little i know he cannot walk? i don't know if he is back at home or where i just assumed like a silly person

Comment

Working...
                  X