This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very impatient.

Seriously, I am probably the most impatient person I've ever met and it sucks. I try not to let it show, I know many things take time but I can feel myself getting annoyed at things that shouldn't take long (or I feel shouldn't take long). I also feel a great relief when things are done.

I don't react to my impatientness (is that a word?) nor do I take it out on others but I do know others notice it, I'm a fidgeter so I do get a little antsy and I can pace around a little.

In the past I've made some rash decisions because things didn't take off as quickly as I wanted to. I also almost stopped DogActors.com (probably my best site) because traffic didn't pick up as fast as I wanted it to. Right now I am feeling the same with an organization because they aren't responding to emails quickly - I know the person has a lot on their plate in and out of the organization but I've felt my impatientness pulling me away from the organization even though I fully believe in them and I can do a lot for (and with) them.

I hate it - I really do. I hate being like this. I hate the asshole where others look at me and think I'm a powder keg about to explode (even though I'm not). I hate pacing around. I wish I could just take a deep breath and make it all go away.

I'm sure we have other people who are impatient and like me, try to control it so we don't make others lives around us miserable. How do you deal with it? I'd rather not use medication.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I'm also impatient.
    A week or two ago I was helping a customer that was taking *forever* to decide what kind of cigs her brother (?) smoked. Afterward my manager told me the admired my patience. And I responded with 'What patience?!'
    I really have no set way of dealing with impatience. But mostly I just take a few deep breathes. Unless my patience it already shot. Idk though.
    The one thing I'm least patient about at the moment is when my boyfriend will be able to visit (long distance relationship... He's in school and not making money as well as living with his parents).
    It's hard and all I can do for now is talk to him on the phone.
    They say patience is a virtue. Guess I'm not virtuous. :P
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Working...
    X