This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunken housemate adventures (long)

Background: I rent a room in a house (it's in a rough area of town, the rent was in my price range). There are 5 people renting rooms.
    K is an older male.
    R is a male in his mid 20's
    P is the only other woman. She's 18.
    A is a male in his 30's.
    K, R, and P live on the second story. I have the only room on the first story. A rents both rooms in the basement. /end background
    Last night I come home from work just before 11 and R and A are on the front porch. R is drinking and already intoxicated. A is just seems to be chilling.
    I go to my room (just on the other side of a wall of windows from the porch) and chill cause I have Wednesday (today) off.
    A comes to my door to ask if I want him to order some food for me when he orders from myself.
    Before A goes to get his food R comes into the house and slams the front door causing the mirror on my wall to sway.
    I go out and ask him to not slam the door and he gets mad at the accusation (despite him being the only one that could have done it, A was still on the porch).
    Shortly before A comes back from getting his food R starts making a lot of noise. He's blasting music on his computer, yelling, clapping, pounding the walls (which are woefully thin), trying to get into both K and P's rooms, pounding on their doors. All of which I can hear from my room. At some point P is on the phone with her mom (who's a retired federal cop) and R threatens P and her mom gets mad.
    5 minutes later P's mom comes storming in the house. She calls the cops.
    They get there fast cause someone (and we're not sure who) mentions a knife to the dispatcher. 6 cops and a paddywagon within like 5 minutes of the call. After talking with the cops for 10 to 15 minutes R is given a warning and told to go to bed.
    Cops leave and so does P's mom.
    2 hours later and R's still being a loud obnoxious ass and this time he's harrassing P and me (I previously had just been a bystander). P calls the cops again.
    He's again given a warning and told to go to bed. He's told if they see him out of his room and/or the house the next time he's going to spend the night in jail.
    After they leave R pesters and harasses P. She comes downstairs to ask me for some bandaids. R then decides he wants to leave (it being around 2:30 am) and go to the store. P locks the top lock to the front door (our keys only work on the bottom lock). R comes back shortly after and when he realizes he's locked out he starts pounding on the door. He goes around back and tries that after a while. Then he comes back up front and starts throwing rocks at my windows and P's windows. He throws a rock through one of my windows. The whole time P calls the cops maybe 4 times cause they're not coming (even though the police presence is constant in this area). I'm freaking out so bad I lock my door and go upstairs to hide in P's room.
    When the cops get there shortly after they arrest R on Destruction of Property and either Drunk and Disorderly or Disturbing the Peace.
    This isn't the first time he's done something to piss off a housemate or neighbor. But from the sounds of it it'll be the last.
    As of now (3:08 pm) the landlady is getting the locks changed and R is still in jail.
    This will no doubt not be the end.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

I had no idea the situation was that bad. The landlord will replace the window, right?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It's a stain glass window. So either the one piece that has the damage will be replaced or something. The maintenance man was here earlier to check on which locks need to be changed and I pointed it out to him.

Comment

Throwing rocks at stained glass windows is blasphemy! I'm glad you're alright. I'd think about getting a RO against him.

Comment

I talked to my dad this afternoon. I'm gonna start looking for a new place ASAP and move as soon as possible afterwards.
          A RO may be something to consider though.

Comment

This is the window from my bed. The hole is the size of my open hand (granted I have smallish hands).
            Attached Files

Comment

R is back. Trying to get some of his stuff. My room is right next to the front door (which is why it was easy for him to break my window). He's insisting this is an illegal eviction. I have to be up early tomorrow and I can't sleep if he's anywhere near this house. *freaks out*

Comment

He's gone. Very not happy about it but he's gone. Now I can go to bed mostly calm. But fuck. Good fucking riddance. *deep breath*

Comment

Update.

So a lot has happened since I first posted about this. Most happened within a week. But I was issued a subpoena to appear in court. Tomorrow's the court date. *deep breathe* My ex housemate mentioned when he came to get his stuff that he would probably plea out. I hope he does. But even if he doesn't I'm just gonna tell them what happened. I'm nervous and I just wanna get it over with.

Comment

o__o
                    SCARY.
                    and nervous about what? it's not like you are kicking him out... don't stress too much over it. It sounds like, in the original post, things escalated pretty quick...
                    and telling them what happened is exactly why you got the subpoena.
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

@teh: cause I don't do well with conflict. And this is the last major bit of this conflict.

Comment

The case was postponed till next month. Gah.

Comment

Cause the state's attorney was having issue getting ahold of the officer to testify he asked me if I minded if they just settled the case.
                          I told him I just wanted it over with and to never see my former housemate again.
                          So, cause my former housemate brought $100, he was ordered to give that to me to give to the landlady in order to go towards fixing the hole he made in my window.
                          And unless he misses (or is late) to any of his community service I'm done.
                          *wipes hands clean of the whole thing*
                          Thank the gods.
                          Oh and he, legally, can't come near the house. Or me I believe.
                          (for the record, I don't think he wants it to go to trial any more then me, for a different reason though.)

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                            Oh and he, legally, can't come near the house. Or me I believe.
                            (for the record, I don't think he wants it to go to trial any more then me, for a different reason though.)
                            That doesn't mean he won't.... Don't be surprised if you have to call the cops again.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl
                              That doesn't mean he won't.... Don't be surprised if you have to call the cops again.
                              I haven't seen him but 3 times since he left. Twice in court and once in public nearer to my work (a 15-20 minute bus ride from the house). I'm not especially worried, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X