Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

address question for our postal workers...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• address question for our postal workers...

not that it really matters....but a co worker asked me the other day what a "General Delivery" meant when it was used as a mailing address...

like:
    Mr. Sucky Customer
    General delivery
    real town, real state
    real zip code

I told her its usually for people in the area that are just passing through and don't have a actual stable address, but need their mail delivered.

was i wrong? and is this a legit mailing address?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

I'm not a postal worker, but canadapost.ca says:

General Delivery is a service offered when Customers cannot receive mail through any other available free mode of delivery. General Delivery is also offered to the travelling public for a period of up to four (4) months. Unless the General Delivery is considered the prime mode of delivery for the Customer (for example, if Canada Post does not otherwise have a free mode of delivery available in the area) the General Delivery service will be subject to the same terms and conditions, including prices, applicable to the Convenience Postal Box service.

---

I'm sure it's similar in other countries. Their postal site would know better than me though, lol.

Comment

General Delivery is used in very small towns & rural areas that don't have home delivery.The local PO will have boxes with resident's names & the Postmaster will put the mail in those 'til it's picked up by the recipient.
      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X