This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Jeopardy In Crimes

My coworker always comes-up with these hypothetical legal questions.

Say that a Husband's Wife disappears. There's just enough evidence pointing towards her being murdered, and the Husband is arrested, charged and convicted of killing his Wife even though they never find the body. Years into his sentence it's discovered that she faked her own death and framed him. The Husband is released and then kills his Wife. Since he was already convicted once, does he get away with it this time?

I thought it a pretty slippery question; I mean, he was convicted of a crime that never happened the first time, but I suppose if a Lawyer was good enough he could clear him. Interesting, ehe?
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

That's the plot of a movie, conveniently enough called Double Jeopardy. Except it's the husband who fakes his death.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Sorry, no.

This thread is much better suited to fratching.

Closed.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
      X