This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't stress... it's not worth it...

I've been telling myself for days that I need to stop stressing. That anything going wrong right now is transitory and will solve itself with time and a calm approach to the problem. Mostly it's working. But some of it isn't.

*I'm currently in the middle of a 10-day shift where I'm alone in the store for all of today and most of Thursday (Thursday being one of our busiest days).

*My wedding invites have been delayed multiple times. They're supposed to get to me on Friday - originally they were supposed to go out September 1st.

*I'm not sure everyone invited to the wedding can make it, because if people don't have the physical invite, it seems like they forget all the emails we've sent back and forth about it.

*One of my brothers is being a snot about staying in the condos we're renting for the family. He decided to "go ahead and get a hotel room, because nothing has been mailed about the wedding yet." Never mind that he has all the info he needs to make flight reservations.

*My fiance is working his butt off for an enormous project (larger than originally thought) that keeps getting bigger. It should have been quoted at $5k for his bit, but he quoted a third of that, thinking it would be much smaller. There's a serious lack of organization surround the project and he's ready to throw a fit.

*Because of this, the wedding website with all the info, links to accommodations, the venue, travel info, registry info, and basically everything else, hasn't been completed and made live. So we currently have 0 RSVP's. The venue wants a preliminary number by the time I meet with them in 10 days.

*My schedule at work is about to change. Maybe. Possibly. Maybe not. Maybe so. If it does, my hours are going to significantly increase. Even though we're entering our slow period.

*Did I mention I'm currently working 10 days straight? Over two weekends? Then having to entertain family who is coming into town for two days? Oh, and because of that, I have to clean the hell out of my apartment. Which is a royal mess because we've both been working our asses off, and haven't had time to do things like mop or vacuum. There's cat hair EVERYWHERE.

AUGH!

oh sweetie! I wish there was something I could to help. More then virtual hugs and the offers of virtual treats and booze.

Deep breath. And lists.
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

*hugs*

I'm sorry, Kia. Breathe and take it one step at a time.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Just for you, KitKat (and anyone else who needs it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU&ob=av3e
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Just a suggestion that might help a bit anyhow. Hire a maid service to come and do at least most of the cleaning in your apartment, or at least in the rooms that your family will see. That will at least take a little bit of the load off you and your soon to be spouse.

ETA: on a totally unrelated note, has anyone else spotted that one of the guys in that video is Robin Williams?
          Last edited by Kittish; 10-05-2011, 03:34 AM.
          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

You are one of the most organized, most talented people* I have ever met. I've only met you once, at dragon con, but I can tell you from that one time..that everything will work out for you. You are almost like a force of nature, and you get things done. I have no doubt, whatever is put in your path will not only be over come..but be sorry that it got in your path.

*hugs*

(*for some reason this seems wrong, but persons doesn't seem right either..I suck at grammar )
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

*blushes* Dammit, Myt. And I just stopped blushing from last time, too!

Kittish, I'd love to have that, but I don't have the moolah until my next paycheque, which is NEXT week. (ref: Fiance's lack-of-munnies from idiot customers.) Otherwise I'd totally hire someone.

Thanks everyone. It helps to have people remind me to breathe.

Sleep helps, too. More than 8 hours last night, and I ended up sleeping through my alarm. Whoops.

Comment

I know that your brain is kinda broken being this close to your wedding. Just remember to keep breathing. It will all be over soon. It will be wonderful.
                My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Working...
                X