This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad customer service SkIlLzZzzZ

Tonight I'm up on the front register and it's a during a rush but while I was waiting for backup the phone rings. I answer it while I'm in the middle of a transaction which I hate to do but nobody else was around.

Me: <greeting> Blah blah.
    Guy: <moment of silence> Yeah, do you sell alcohol at your location?
    Me: Yes, we do.
    Guy <moment of silence> And you're the one at (location nowhere near us)
    Me: No, we're at (our address)
    Guy: <moment of silence> So do you have a location at (again nowhere near us)
    Me: I have no idea.
    Guy: Thanks for your help.
    He said sarcastically.

I generally know the area he was asking about but it was the next town over about 8 miles down the road. We do have a location around there but this guy wasn't going to be a customer of ours anyway so I really didn't care.

Once I got off the phone I told my customers the details of the conversation and we all had a good laugh. Thankfully they were pretty nice about the interruption.

I think this was the husband of the woman I had a couple weeks ago who wanted a bag for her six (really four) items. She also thanked me for my great customer service. After nearly a whole work life in retail you bet I have some mad skills.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Quoth Trixie View Post
    it was the next town over about 8 miles down the road.
    You know, every time I see anything like this, I always feel like, I go further than that just to go to get gas.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
      You know, every time I see anything like this, I always feel like, I go further than that just to go to get gas.
      There's an old joke I got to use a couple of times on my trip to Spain: "Europeans (and Brits) think 100 miles is a long way. Americans think 100 years is a long time."

Comment

Of course it's amusing to see their reactions when they land in NYC...and realize that heading to the Grand Canyon isn't a day trip
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Shoot, when they land in SF and want to get dinner some place they've heard of in LA! It's even in the same state, right?
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

One time I was working in Brisbane, Queensland. The company had a British head office and some guys from head office came to visit. They flew from Melbourne, Victoria to Brisbane (1380 Kms, just over 2 hours) and then wanted to visit Mackay (800 Kms) and Townsville (1120 Kms).

After they were shown a map of Australia and those cities were pointed out to them they decided they were staying in Brisbane.

Comment

On the travel board where I hang out, it’s really common to see someone planning a driving trip from Los Angeles to Las Vegas to Yellowstone to Yosemite and back to LA. And they have a week to do it.

This is a website where you can overlap two places to show comparative size. Overlap Maps

Comment

Working...
              X