This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can can can you scan the can can...

It's BOGO days again and as usual some screw up failed to put the cans in the system. So of course someone has to go and buy about 200 of the little bastards. Each of which need to be imputed manually and the BOGO taken off manually.

They don't scan.

Of course the evil customer's teacup human decides to start singing the Can Can song... Changing the lyrics a bit to rib us about the inventory failure. Normally I would have found entertainment in it... But not so much with 200 freaking cans. What are they planning to do with all that? Stock their own post-apocalypse shelter?
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Raises the intriguing question of how many can-cans will fit in their can...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

What is the Can Can song? The only thing I know is the classical music associated with the dance, that doesn’t have lyrics as far as I know.

Comment

This is what you want...includes bonus cute girl in leather...
        Last edited by Kit-Ginevra; 07-15-2018, 12:17 AM.
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Sorry, your Tube link didn't work.

The only other thing I was able to turn up was the Pointer sisters singing"Yes, we can, can."

Comment

Try "Can the Can"
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth nutraxfornerves View Post
              Sorry, your Tube link didn't work.
              I see the problem. It is UGio, not uGio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYoogY-UGio
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

For some reason, I'm thinking of Straight No Chaser's "Christmas Can-Can" song:

Here it is, in full glory.

And for bonus points, the "Token Jewish Guy" in the song was the one who actually wrote it.

Comment

I think that's not just a pricing failure, that's a system flexibility failure. The manager ought to have been allowed to put the price difference in as a single credit instead of having to modify the price of every single can. Or the cans should've been grouped in the purchase list, and a single price change should've been allowed to affect them all.

Quoth csquared View Post
                  I see the problem. It is UGio, not uGio.
                  Time to D-D-D-D-DUEL ?

Comment

When you think you can't / you'll find you / can-can!

Everyone can can-can / you can / can-can too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aNuEEHT-WA

Comment

I was thinking of the Shoprite Can Can sale jingle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-TEnCac-O0

Comment

Non-Christmas version

Quoth LadyofArc View Post
                        For some reason, I'm thinking of Straight No Chaser's "Christmas Can-Can" song:

Here it is, in full glory.

And for bonus points, the "Token Jewish Guy" in the song was the one who actually wrote it.
                        I prefer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzZg9rMoXWA

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                          Time to D-D-D-D-DUEL ?
                          MY BLADE IS UNBENDING!

Oh wait, wrong dueling

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
                          They don't scan.
                          Does that mean they're free?
                          *runs*
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                            ...Does that mean they're free?
                            *runs*
                            "Free the Quik-Chek 12!"
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                              Time to D-D-D-D-DUEL ?
                              Just think of how many customer disputes could be resolved simply by making them play children's card games...
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X