Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could NEVER tolerate people touching any part of me when I don't even know who they are, or when they're coming up from behind.

A couple of years ago, a coworker thought it was funny to come up from behind me, put his hands around my eyes, and say, "Peek-a-boo!"
    Instinct took over, and as a reflex action, I turned around quickly and decked him in the stomach as hard as I could. He staggered and flew backwards, and everyone had a laugh about it because I'm ex-military and this was one of my automatic reflex moves. The coworker even apologized and I never got in trouble.

Needless to say, no one ever decided to try that on me again!

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
      I could NEVER tolerate people touching any part of me when I don't even know who they are, or when they're coming up from behind.

A couple of years ago, a coworker thought it was funny to come up from behind me, put his hands around my eyes, and say, "Peek-a-boo!"
      Instinct took over, and as a reflex action, I turned around quickly and decked him in the stomach as hard as I could. He staggered and flew backwards, and everyone had a laugh about it because I'm ex-military and this was one of my automatic reflex moves. The coworker even apologized and I never got in trouble.

Needless to say, no one ever decided to try that on me again!
      I'm not ex-military, but I am ex-bullying victim and I would have decked the poor bastard too. That's completely uncalled for.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

^ Ditto. It would be an automatic reaction to someone grabbing me from behind, simply cuz of having been bullied as a teen, it became my automatic reaction.

Someone I used to work with had a man grab her when she walked back from a club. She sprayed Charlie bodyspray in his eyes. O.o Bet most people wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of THAT automatic reaction!
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I asked her what part of HER anatomy I could rub for luck. She and her friend looked a little freaked by that and scuttled off.
          Muahahaha. I love it!

Hopefully it'll teach her a lesson to keep her hands to herself. PLUS you were busy talking to someone when she tried fondling you.

And maybe it's me but... where did that come from anyway? I mean heads are rather personal and i can't imagine touching - let alone fondling - a stranger's head.

plus it kinda makes my skin crawl imagining someone's hand touching my head without invitation - and without me knowing about it before i feel it.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
            Instinct took over, and as a reflex action, I turned around quickly and decked him in the stomach as hard as I could.
            One of my coworkers at the supermarket job thought it would be funny to come up behind me and grab me around the sides while I was stocking a low shelf. He almost ended up getting a free sex change. I only missed him by about an inch. Like you said, it was purely reflex, and I didn't even know I was taking a swing at him until after I had done it.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Kind of reminds me when I worked at the library. I would have complete strangers think they could ask me "what's wrong with your legs?" Well I always wished I could give them a piece of my mind, but I couldn't...especially since I didn't trust the library director to stick up for me (this is the same woman who seriously believed a tale by a patron that I was racist simply because I was enforcing library policy).

If it happens now when I'm out in public, I ask them what's wrong with their brain.

Comment

Heh, I LOVE rubbing the Hubster's head just after he's shaved it, but I'm married to him. And I still ask first even so, it's just polite. He doesn't freak out from random touching like I do, but it's his head and he gets to decide whether it gets fondled or not.

Some people have NO sense or manners whatsoever.
                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                X