This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "There's a reason we don't come here"

And apparently it's because you're an entitled dick who doesn't understand reality.

It says on your discount offer "black out dates may apply"
    Guess what, tonight is a black out date.
    Yes, the event that spawned the blackout date ended at 9pm.
    No, I'm not overriding that restriction because it is now almost midnight.
    No, that isn't being unreasonable, because a lot of people from that event are still gambling and I have exactly one room left, one of them will take it.
    Yes, I will negotiate a discount.
    No, I will not discount you down to the practically giving it away rate on your offer.
    No, for that matter, I'm not discounting it more than the $30 off I've already offered, because that is already more of a discount that I should have offered in the first place (technically my limit is $10, but I spoke to a supervisor about doing more).
    Here's your reality check, we have one room left, the event organizers have guaranteed us revenue for rooms that don't sell, and there is no way in hell that I am selling that room for less than what they are willing to pay us if it doesn't sell.

I'm sorry that my refusal to sell you a room at a loss is horrible customer service, but we are a business, and we don't survive by giving stuff away (let's be blunt, those offers you get with all the stuff we are "giving" away is just to get you in the doors so you gamble). And that you think I'm rude I can live with. I have 10 comment cards in the back office from guests giving me rave reviews (one of which I may be tempted to shred to make 9 good reviews... I'm not sure the rave review I want is Smiley screwed up and promised me a room that wasn't available, but it's okay because he arranged for me to get a free upgrade), and so far you are the only guest tonight who has had any problem with me. You can make some of the people happy all the time or make all the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all the people happy all the time.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I can almost see 'event ends at 9' means the blackout doesn't apply... until the nice clerk explains that it does. After that, it's entitlement ahoy! And the worst kind of entitlement too; take a LOSS on giving me stuff. Do these people ever apply that same logic to their own jobs?

Love the use of the '...some of the people' phrase here, fits perfectly.

Comment

I seriously love how he doesn't get; "If I sell it to you at that rate, I am making less money than if it doesn't sell at all."

His attitude certainly wasn't doing him any favors either. It's hilarious how people think that acting like they are entitled to something will make them get what they want, when really it's the reverse that's true.
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Does the blackout period end at midnight, or at checkout the following morning?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
          Does the blackout period end at midnight, or at checkout the following morning?
          It goes by hotel day, so it would be until after check out.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
            It's hilarious how people think that acting like they are entitled to something will make them get what they want, when really it's the reverse that's true.
            Unless it's retail and management is around. In many cases (if not most) it'll get them -exactly- what they want and more.

Comment

I seriously love how he doesn't get; "If I sell it to you at that rate, I am making less money than if it doesn't sell at all..
              Well that is counter-intuitive, but still....
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                Well that is counter-intuitive, but still....
                Not really.

"If the room doesn't sell, the event has guaranteed to give me XX rate. If I sell it to you at YY rate, I am losing money."

It sounds like Smiley explained that to the SC, but the SC was all "whine whine whine."
                My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Not really.

"If the room doesn't sell, the event has guaranteed to give me XX rate. If I sell it to you at YY rate, I am losing money."

It sounds like Smiley explained that to the SC, but the SC was all "whine whine whine."
                  Indeed.
                  Of course what I didn't explain to him is that the event had that stipulation in to keep people, well like him, from interfering with their guests. And when their guests are easily taking up 3/4 of the hotel on what is an otherwise busy night anyway, all the more power to them.
                  They all spent very good money to stay here, and they don't want people who are getting the whiskey tango offers coming in and ruining their vibe.

Comment

"There's a reason we don't come here"
                    "Yes, it's because you are an entitled jerk and we don't want you here. Go away"

Ah, the things we with we could say

Comment

Working...
                    X