This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth plan9au View Post
    The only other people to ge ta regular discount were the big spenders (and we had a couple) that would drop close to $1000 a visit (once a month) and even then we almost had to talk one of them into taking it.
    Otherwise they could talk themselves blue in the face, no discount.
    Figures ... the people who actually qualify for discount aren't the kind to actually take it, eh?

Quoth Shalom View Post
    I know this ordinarily would go in the Linky section, but it fits here so well I can't resist:

http://notalwaysright.com/getting-ow...r-part-2/26871
    O i love it!

Quoth Kisa View Post
    Ugh...you just gave me flashbacks of Toxic Hell, thank you very much. But, yes. This has happened many times.

Example

A lady was whining about wanting to be treated like a pretty princess because she is a special snowflake. I refused. She stomped off after asking is a very haughty tone if I know who she is. I said no. She yelled that she will be sure to mention me when she see's (enter boss name here). It turns out, she was his neighbor who steals his paper every Sunday. Needless to say, my job was safe.
    so pretty much whenever she tries the "i know the owner" card you can say back "Yes and that's why you're NOT getting a discount. Stop stealing his paper!"

Comment

Had it happen once Back at the 6-10. Franchise store, owners were STRICT about ID and cut off times, and by strict I mean, hey fired someone in their first week for failing a store sting.

Working Graveyard.
      Cut off for booze is 2:00 am.
      Customers walk in at 2:15 am, having clearly come from a long night of bar hopping.
      Customers head back to beer section.
      Oh no, the beer doors are locked.
      One customer says he knows the owner, said owner is the owner of the three OTHER 6-10s in the area.
      Said owner is even more strict on this.
      It doesn't matter how much you name drop, or say you'll complain, every single owner of a franchise in the area loves their beer and wine revenue, and aren't going to fire me over following state law since; 1) you are CLEARLY intoxicated, and 2) it's been dry time for 15 minutes.
      Customer leaves without booze.

Comment

One of our previous manager's wife was a totally bitch. She would always come up and demand shit and her famous line....You know who I am? No, well you will learn and remember.

Comment

NOt really an owner but

After close (2am) one night a caller DEMANDED that we make and delivery a pizza to him. After being told we were officially closed, he "threatened" us with the following line:

"I KNOW you are open later. I know for a FACT you are open until 3am. NOW make my order and hurry it up OR I will have to call <correctly name drops area manager> and tell him about your 'claiming" your closed when you're not."

Well sorry MR Entitled BUT this location does indeed close at 2am. YEs there are several locations that are indeed open til 3am (plus one of our competitors) BUT this is NOT one of them. Have fun trying to get us in trouble. And OH have fun at Mal-Wart since they are the only thing open at that time of the morning so you can get your crappy cheesey pie.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

RM -- Back when I slung pizzas, actually staying open well past closing time "because someone knew the DM" would have gotten us into a TON of trouble even if they really knew the guy o_O Most likely, the DM would have been the one chewing us out!

Not like it would be that hard to find their name, tho.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X