This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester
    Was just agreeing with Ree that every single GK thread lately seem so turn to a GK Fangirl Discussion Thread. (Nothing against you, GK...from what I have seen, you are damned embarrassed by the whole thing!)
    Ok.

To be bluntly honest with everyone ( member and fangirl alike ):

I didn't even know what to say to most of where this thread went. Seriously, I had to struggle to come up with any sort of response. I try to keep a sense of humour about it but I was rendered uncomfortably speechless this time. I know people are just having fun and I won't fault anyone for that but the derailment seems to be happening faster in each subsequent thread and not to a happy place we can all get in on like gigantic demon spiders.

I know you guys are teasing ( of which I am sadly vulnerable. =p ) but I fear derailing into such territory not only makes me fidget uncomfortably more and more with each new post, but it kind of excludes anyone else from the thread too. I don't mind being teased a bit but I imagine everyone else reading the threads is starting to slowly immigrate to "wtf is going on here?" or "Ah Christ not this again." territory.

So, I will ask, if we could please keep everything in moderation. I am not upset, annoyed, offended or any other such silly thing ( Although I'm beginning to wonder what newcomers think of me. >< ). But I do think once the thread heads south ( Especially this fast/badly ) it sort of excludes the rest of our fine community.

I would honestly prefer the focus be kept mainly on the elaborate tales of humanities failures I attempt to spin ( or gigantic demon spiders. Thats good too). Not shifted onto me myself ( Once the spotlight is on me I have to go scurry under the nearest piece of furniture like a small rodent. )

/bows head
    Last edited by Gravekeeper; 09-14-2007, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      I fear derailing into such territory not only makes me fidget uncomfortably more and more with each new post, but it kind of excludes anyone else from the thread too.
      Exactly.
      If this were a chatroom, that kind of teasing and line of discussion would be OK, but when GK's threads deteriorate into a little inside joke like that, others who aren't so much into the 'fangirl' frivolity may just start to ignore his threads completely.

Like GK said, moderation is the key, folks.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I imagine everyone else reading the threads is starting to slowly immigrate to "wtf is going on here?" or "Ah Christ not this again." territory.
        Gravekeeper, might I suggest this (WARNING: PROFANITY WITHIN): http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...8c1f5c979c.jpg

Jester:
        A lot of these threads go off topic. Nothing new there. But this is a trend that is getting.....redundant.
        Agreed. I don't mind reading Gravekeeper threads but it gets annoying, I don't mind the occasional off-topic drifting thread as it happens but it's getting to the point where I only read Gravekeeper's post and that's it. I just read threads because of idiots we are forced to deal with but now it's turning into a Canadian/Internet version of Beatles fanaticism. All it is to me is humorous writing, nothing more nothing less. *No Offense intended Gravekeeper*
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
          Agreed. I don't mind reading Gravekeeper threads but it gets annoying, I don't mind the occasional off-topic drifting thread as it happens but it's getting to the point where I only read Gravekeeper's post and that's it.
          Agreed. I read the first page of posts, at most, of a GK thread, then tend to ignore them. Which sucks, because sometimes people post funny things later on, but it's not always worth it to wade through and find them.
          Last edited by Ree; 09-14-2007, 03:00 AM. Reason: Fixing quote tags
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
            I don't mind the occasional off-topic drifting thread as it happens but it's getting to the point where I only read Gravekeeper's post and that's it.
            I don't have anything to add, other than "me too!"
            "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy
              All it is to me is humorous writing, nothing more nothing less. *No Offense intended Gravekeeper*
              None taken. That is, afterall, precisely what I do. ( Suffer > Write > Sleep > Get up > Go back to office > Suffer ). -.-

Gravekeeper, might I suggest this (WARNING: PROFANITY WITHIN): http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...8c1f5c979c.jpg
              Ah, Classic Internet.

Comment

Personally Gravekeeper, everytime I see a post by you or Kara, I usually jump straight to it. It's not the SCs that make me laugh, it's your comments.

No no, he's calling AMERICANS terrorists. He calls in on a few unnameable American lines to share his views on the US with us. He's been doing it for years. We finally told him we're not American so now he calls in to do the Death to America thing then calls us all traitors. ;p
                Can't you call the police? It IS harressment? (Don't know what you mean by "unnameable american lines")
                MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
                  Can't you call the police? It IS harressment? (Don't know what you mean by "unnameable american lines")
                  I could have him hauled off and cavity searched at the drop of a hat if I really wanted too. But he amuses us. =p

By unnameable I mean "I'd be fired instantly for posting what they are and God knows what else" ^^

Comment

I could have him hauled off and cavity searched at the drop of a hat if I really wanted too. But he amuses us. =p
                    Ah, an endless humor "customer"
                    By unnameable I mean "I'd be fired instantly for posting what they are and God knows what else" ^^
                    Ah, sorry for being dumb
                    MMO Addicts group

Comment

oh just so you know, the image of the rednecks has been amusing me all week.

Comment

Well, since you mentioned something having to do with an embassy, consulate, or something in another post... well... yeah... I think we all know what 2 + 2 equals.
                        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                        X