X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want compensation

Guest: Hi we are trying to figure out to lock the garage door of this house

Me: lock it from the inside and go out through the front door

Guest: we cant lock it from the outside?

Me: no ma'am

Guest: that's not very accomodating...we shouldnt have to do that on our vacation. Can we be compensated for this because we want to park the car in there and that means we will have to come inside and open the garage door first and thats not convenient and we dont think its fair to treat us this way, we spend a lot of money to come down there and you should be more accomodating (and on and on and on and on and on for like 15 minutes)

Me: you'll have to leave a voicemail for the property manager, he is in a meeting right now

Guest: excuse me, but I think you are forgetting that I am the customer and you are here to serve me, I'm not here to serve you so you should be taking the initiative here, not making it my problem. So what I want you to say is "Mrs SC, may I please have your phone number so that I can personally deliver this message to the manager to call you for this horrible inconvenience you have suffered?"

Me: if you give me your phone number, I will have the manager call you

Guest: thats not I told you to say, say it the way I told you

Me: ma'am, I am not playing your games. If you want me to give the manager a message, give me your phone number and I will tell him to call you. Otherwise, leave him a voicemail

Guest: well here is the number and you better tell your manager how nasty you were to me before I do

Me: I wasnt nasty to you

Guest: correction you were nasty and I hope you get fired

You want compensation for being a twat?

Sure, have a quarter, phone someone who cares.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Props to you for not letting her pull your strings. This ain't a movie, and she sure as hell ain't the director.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

She wants compensation? I'll give her compensation...THIS .
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

What a self-important bitch!

Dave, tell me your linguini-spined manager didn't cave on this one.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I can only give you compensation if you give me my last 20 minutes back. Can't do it? Oh, too bad.

Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
              You want compensation for being a twat?

Sure, have a quarter, phone someone who cares.

Why waste a good quarter? Give him a broken pencil and paper. Make them actually work
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

She's nasty, but she's stupid too.

A manager without a spine (which I know the OP does suffer from sometimes) may still give her something - but she's just guaranteed that before she speaks to the manager someone who now hates her will get to tell her story.

Why on earth do people think that works better than just being nice to people.

I do kind of feel sorry for people like this though - I almost feel they deserve compensation. Not for the garage door but for the great cosmic unfairness of being the sort of loon who would let the garage door bother them to the point they are wasting their holiday making it an issue, when the rest of us would be out enjoying the holiday.

Of course we also deserve compensation for having to share the world with them. I'd still rather be me and have to deal with SC, than have to be an SC though.

Victoria J

Comment

What a pig. May the fleas of a hundred mangy dogs infest her armpits.
                  For civilized discussion about broadcasting, media and sports along with fun games to play, visit:
                  http://atriumforum.com/
                  Emphasis on Michigan area broadcasting, but ANYONE is welcome!

Comment

i was going to hope that the garage door scratches his car but then he could claim it as a right to a discount.

i just can't stand people like him. when they claim you're nasty because you don't cave in to their every whim.

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post

Why on earth do people think that works better than just being nice to people.
                      Because it doesn't make them feel "respected" or "important."

It's always been my experience that people who really are respected and important are the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. Because they have wealth and power, they know it, and they don't need to prove it to anybody.

People who aren't, have a driving need to feel important, and they think that if they treat the "little people" with open contempt they will get "respect."

Well . . . they may get their way (not as often as you'd expect), but they aren't getting the respect they want.

You only get respect by giving it. You and I know that. But some of the clowns we deal with don't.

Most of them never will.
                      I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
                        I do kind of feel sorry for people like this though - I almost feel they deserve compensation. Not for the garage door but for the great cosmic unfairness of being the sort of loon who would let the garage door bother them to the point they are wasting their holiday making it an issue, when the rest of us would be out enjoying the holiday.

Of course we also deserve compensation for having to share the world with them. I'd still rather be me and have to deal with SC, than have to be an SC though.
                        Agreed.

I don't understand how this kind of person's brain works. If I had noticed that I couldn't lock the garage door from the outside, my first thought would have been to go back inside and lock it there. If I was in a particularly bad mood, I MIGHT have noticed that it took me an extra minute or two to do accomplish my objectives. I don't think it would ever have crossed my mind to call and complain about it, let alone demand compensation.

And this woman telling the CSR word-for-word how to respond to her complaint has got to be one of the most entitled, snobbish, arrogant things I've heard in a long time. Demanding favors from me results in getting zero favors from me. That goes for customers, co-workers, friends, and family alike (though with friends and family, the keyword there is "demanding").
                        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                        - IPF

Comment

Working...
                        X