This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    Linux is the only option; all other options suck old man ass.

We Are Linux. You will be assimilated. Resistance is Futile.
    i agree with you 100% on that

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      I have my own personal tech support...his name is Dad.
      My brother has his personal tech support... his name is me.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Linux is the only option; all other options suck old man ass.
        You're a crackmonkey. Linux? Are you freaking kidding me? Bah, pfft, and other onomontepaeic sounds of disdainful dismissal.

*BSD or bust.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          2) While not being especially hard, it's a lot more complicated than plugging a cable and hitting a couple buttons.
          Please come and explain this concept to my customers! I've had the same troubles, both with data transfers and with networking stuff.

And a weird one from time to time. For example, I talked to one guy a while ago who had just purchased a new TV. The TV had a USB input for playing pictures and videos from flash drives or digital cameras. Pretty cool, if you ask me. But this monkey, who said he had a computer with Windows 2000, bought one of those Vista Easy Transfer cables (USB-A tips on both ends), connected it to the TV and the computer, and then called me to complain that it wasn't working. For him, in this case, "working" meant that the computer was expected to automatically morph into a DVR-type device and record not just what was playing on the TV at that moment, but specifically all of his favorite shows. At least he wasn't a jerk about it.
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

Working...
          X