• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentally deaf customers

Here's two from my girlfriend:

Cast members:
    SC: ~35 year old lady
    GF: My girlfriend

SC: Excuse me, could you tell me what this is? *holds up a fruit of some weird foreign origin*
    GF: Yes, that's a... *heckle*
    SC: Oh, I see, you don't speak english, sorry, I'll go find someone else. *turns to an eployee who happened to pass by*
    SC: Excuse me....

Needless to say, my girlfriend was left with a face of as she stood there for 5 minutes trying to figure out what drove the SC to think that she was incapable of speaking english when she had just started a sentence in english.

---

And another:

Cast:
    SC: Another ~35 year old lady.
    GF: My girlfriend (Who's showing off a cleavage you could fall into never to be heard from again and is FACING the SC)

SC: Excuse me, young man.
    GF:

It keeps me up at night...

Quoth Dinguz View Post

Cast:
    SC: Another ~35 year old lady.
    GF: My girlfriend (Who's showing off a cleavage you could fall into never to be heard from again and is FACING the SC)

SC: Excuse me, young man.
    GF:

It keeps me up at night...
    Makes me wonder what men look like where he grew up.....

Comment

I used to work with an awesome girl at Chesterfield. She had a large chest. It was hard to miss, but she also had a suitably butch haircut (cause, y'know, she wasn't straight, I'm not sure if that factored into it, or anything, but that's my theory...) and she was constantly getting called 'Young man' by customers.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I was once called Sir by a customer. Started the transaction with the usual "Hi, how are you doing" chit chat and he said, "I'm doing ok sir." I asked him at the end if he called me sir because I might've misheard him. He denied it. But still. Maybe he wasn't thinking. *shrug*
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Heh, I get that sort of thing all the time. My voice is so high pitched that unless I am actually in view of the person I am speaking to, I get Ms. and Ma'am 85% of the time. Do you know what it is like being a 28 year old guy and being called miss all the time.... it also doesn't help that my name is usually the shortened version of a girls name.... sigh.............
          "It's times like these that make me wanna go straight."
          James from Pokémon.

Comment

Working...
          X