This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverse IQ

Fresh from my epic length ranting I give you a shorter, but no less frustrating story of a two year battle I have been waging against the over-employed.

"Over employed?!?" you say?? "What is that?!?"

Cracks knuckles

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip.
    On call was a mighty service man, his knowledge firm and sure.
    It started one night years ago, on a free year's subscribe.

A FREE YEAR'S SUBSCRIBE!!!

The staff at the hospital was pretty rough, the instruction sheet was tossed!
    If not for the speed of the service call,
    THE VIDEO WOULD BE LOST!
    THE VIDEO WOULD BE LOST!

The call went out again and again,
    from Silly man, and the guard shack too.
    The Night watchman and his wife.
    The Security chief..
    The Doctor and his right hand man...

HERE IN FUTILITY STYYYYYYYYLE!!!

I feel a LOT better...

Allow me to explain...

There is a customer my company has courted for quite some time. Typical rich hospital... Won't spend a DIME without someoen getting a kickback or something for nothing... So, the powers that be offer them FREE service for a year, to entice them to be full paying customers. Our services don't come cheap, and once they get used to the level of service we supply, big corporations usually stay for a while. Or so the suits figure

A real-life effect of this is that the client is entitled BEYOND BELIEF, and refuses to work with us on even small problems. They are also cheap beyond measure, so the staff that they hire, especially for the late-night shift, are not exactly being sought after by MIT... ifyaknowwhadimean...

SO...

The IT department refuses to listen to us when we tell them that their DVRs aren't set properly. Everytime they test or, gawd forbid, USE their backup generators, their network hiccups. When their network hiccups, thier Digital Video Recorders drop offline from each other, and the main guard shack can't view the security cameras. All it takes is one of two things : Clicking "YES" and telling the DVR to try and connect again... or rebooting the power and logging back in. Simple.. right??

Last count was thirty times. THIRTY TIMES I've gone out there to "Push da button"...

I try...

I TRY and get them to reset it themselves... They just can't get it!!! You'd think anyone over 16, let alone 40, would have the ability to click a mouse and enter a password...

No...

I quote...

"Well sir... Aint nevah been said aye's scaid o' tryin new dings... where'm I 'sposed ta go??" (Note: Said person was a SECURITY GUARD and didn't know where the circut breakers in the hospital were loacted... DESPITE them being listed on the wall FOR THE PUBLIC!!! Don't ask.. I don't know why either!!!) Oh..K.. I'se inside.. Thare's a buncha big red lights tha' blink on n' on n' onnnnnnnn ann..yessir.. offf.... yessir onn again.... (yes.. I was trying to interupt the ENTIRE TIME!!!) annnnnn n yup.. off'n gain no wait!! on.. off n-n dammit thes'n FLASHIN whut they duin!! ... huh... hmmm ... wow... huh.. (STILL trying to get his attention...) Wellllllllp there'sn big OFF switch tha says Ch... Cee AYE ESS CEE OHH... So Ay'll jus turn DAT off....

ME: (screaming) STOP STOP STOP!!! please... th-that'st the hospital's computer server... illberightthere *gasssssssp* don'ttouchandythingbye!!

Yeah... I'm not allowed to let them try and fix things themselves anymore...

What did they do for service before? Click their heels together and hope for the best? Hopefully this hospital will keep a contact with your company, just conisder how profitable all those service calls will be after the year is up. If they stay with your company, that is...
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Actually, the powers that be lumped ANOTHER free year onto the deal... They've JUST started paying after TWO years of free service !!!

Comment

Got another call from the "Whiniest hospital EVAH" I'm supposed to ONLY service one client today. The army Hospital! They PAY for 8 hours of service, they should GET IT!! But.. they are one of my NICE clients... and they only call when they actually NEED something... (I even get to go home early when I get done checking all their equipment!!)

Unfortunatly, Bedman was in N Augusta, so when the EW whines, guess who's gotta lie. cheat, and steal time way from other clients!!! It'd be fine if it happened when I was goofing off, but it happens when I'm in the middle of fixing ACTUAL issues!!!

So, I happen to not have a client this week (he's in $#$#ing VEGAS at a trade show!!) I fix what I can, and go running to the OTHER hospital...

THEY LEFT THE FUCKING DOOR OPEN SO THE SOUNDER WENT OFF!!!
        Uh.. Einsteins??? THAT'S THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK!!!

OooOOoo It's BEEPING at me.... Help mr. Repairman..I'SA SCAIIIID O' dah beepin!!!

I swear.. I'm gonna hit someone....

Comment

Working...
        X